Job title: SQL DBA
Duration: 5 months(possibility of extension)
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: GTS – ECCO Database Services is seeking an intermediate Database Administrator to provide database support for MSSQL on Windows.
• Reason for request: Workload/Project/Backfill
Candidate Value Proposition
The successful candidate will have the opportunity for growth while working with a supportive team.
Typical Day in Role:
• Monitor the system, and act upon system and application automated alerts
• Perform diagnostics, testing, and troubleshooting of software, o/s, and database issues
(ex. correcting installation, configuration, or data problems)
• Plan and perform software installation, configuration, upgrade and patching
• Plan and perform database configuration, maintenance, upgrade and patching
• Perform and manage system and database backups
• Perform manual switch to redundant system / database components, in case of system failure
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
• 5+ years Database Administration experience
• Experience in providing technical support, covering database administration and
operations to include monitoring maintenance capacity, performance monitoring/planning and incident/problem troubleshooting and resolution
• Experience with MSSQL 2017/2016/2014/2012/2008R2/2008
• Experience with Windows server 2012/2008R2/2008.
• Experience with Windows 10/8/7 client operating systems.
• Experience with SQL Always-On, mirroring, clustering and data replication.
• Experience with MSSQL services (SSRS/SSAS/SSIS/Fulltext/Polybase/R) and OLAP.
• Experience with application side tuning versus server-side tuning.
• Experience with VB, C#, Power shell, Azure Cloud would be an asset to the role.
• Experience with use of PostgreSQL and Linux, ksh
• 1-Step Process: 1 Technical In-Person Interview with Hiring Manager
• There may be second round interviews
• Interviews to take place ASAP