Spanish Business Analyst
Location Address: WFH (once on site – Toronto)
Contract Duration: ASAP until Oct 31 2022
Extension: possibility of extension
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: Monday-Friday, 9-5
Reason: Additional workload
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Director GBM Latam Regulatory Initiatives Oro
Part of Global banking and markets, covering some business such as Capital Markets, corporate and investment banking.
Assist Trade Floor Supervision team in LatAm based in Mexico to validate the scenarios deployment by Vendor in Electronic Communications Surveillance tool and obtain appropriate signoff from Internal Controls team. This position is based out of Toronto.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to gain exposure to international banking and to work with teams across countries, as well as gain exposure to products related to capital markets.
Typical Day in Role:
– Work with RBI PM and vendor to define the scope of scenario testing
– Execute scenarios in the vendor tool for both written communications and voice communications
– Validate and mimic market conduct scenarios into the Spanish language
– Provide results to the leadership and obtain sign off on the passed scenarios
– Escalate to PM in a situation when any scenarios are not firing alerts as expected
– Work with the vendor to ascertain and root cause and close the issue
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
– Fluent/native proficiency in Spanish
– 5+ years of experience as a BA
– Knowledge of Global Capital Markets
– Prior experience with working on products like Global Relay, Nice Actimize and Behavox
Soft Skills Required:
– Excellent interpersonal skills.
– Ability to exercise good judgment in determination and escalation of issues involving material risk.
– Ability to work in a fast paced and stressful environment and remain focused.
– Ability to multitask, excellent problem resolution and time management skills.
– Bachelor’s degree in finance or relevant education background
– Completion of the CFA or MBA would be desirable.
Candidate Review & Selection
– 1 round with Associate Director and HM – 1 hour video interview
– Potential 2nd round
Hiring Manager’s availability to interview:
– Lunchtime/afternoons best