Job Posting Title: Solutions Designer – Level 3
Location: St. Catharines, ON OR Downtown Toronto
Duration: 3 months to start
Our public sector client is looking for a Solutions Designer – Level 3 to provide solution expertise and development leadership on the Highway Corridor Management System
The Services and Deliverables to be provided by the Vendor will include:
• Leads Scrum agile development and acts as both a senior developer and a scrum master.
• Leads task planning, daily standups, iteration demos and review meetings.
• Prepares and oversees the preparation of technical project plans, leads teams, determines project schedules, monitors activities and initiates changes as needed, and co-ordinates complex software troubleshooting, develops test plans, communicates and promotes changes. Establishes and documents build and deployment processes, creates initial build scripts, troubleshoots build issues and provides advice to deployment coordinators.
• Oversees the preparation and definition of system requirements; assists the Solutions Architects in architectural proof of concepts, project sizing and estimating, creates mandatory checkpoint artefacts, schedules and quality criteria; creates work packages, conducts complex application programming, coding and testing. Creates the documentation for complex business requirements and oversees the development of other complete systems and operations documentation.
• Oversees the system integration, including designing appropriate architectures and selecting cost-effective and high performance tools and software factory processes; identifies bottlenecks and provides advice and recommendations for improvement; recommends ways of maximizing or enhancing efficiency; identifies areas for I&IT asset reuse; presenting major recommendations/changes to senior management. Provides leadership for selection of reusable services/components, their creation or procurement and on-going support. Advocates the use of design patterns and advises on whether the proper reuse is taking place.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
Microsoft/Azure Experience – 40%
- Extensive experience with the following technologies:
- .NET Framework, .NET Core-based design, development and testing
- Web front-end (HTML 5, CSS3, Angular), Web API’s and web services design, development and testing
- Azure Cloud Development including PaaS and SQL Services
- Application Authentication Protocols (e.g. OpenID Connect, OAuth 2.0, etc.)
- CICD Pipeline Setup & Management
- Git, Azure DevOps (VSTS/TFS)
- Unit Testing and Test Automation support
- Microservices & Container-based platform development, delivery and testing
- ASP .NET Programming
- MS Web Services
- MS SQL Server – all supported versions
- Windows 10, and Windows Server 2K16, 2K19 environment
Technical Lead Experience – 40%
- Leads Scrum agile development and acts as both a senior developer and a scrum master.
- Leads task planning, daily standups, iteration demos and review meetings.
- Prepares and oversees the preparation of technical project plans, leads teams,
- Determines project schedules, monitors activities and initiates changes as needed, and co-ordinates complex software troubleshooting, develops test plans, communicates and promotes changes.
- Establishes and documents build and deployment processes, creates initial build scripts, troubleshoots build issues and provides advice to deployment coordinators
Business Analysis Skills – 15%
- Experience with gathering business requirements
- Experience translating business requirements into project delivery timelines/estimate
- Experience in programming and analysis at the specified experience level
- Experience in structured methodologies for the development, design, implementation and maintenance of applications
Soft Skills – 5%
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills; oral and written communication skills; inter-personal and negotiation skills
- A team player with a proven track record for meeting strict deadlines
- Highly developed interpersonal skills