Solutions Delivery Specialist
Typical Day in Role
• Solutions Delivery is responsible for the delivery and execution of programs and projects. The team drives to act as a trusted partner and strives to deepen client relationships based on trust, integrity, commitment, accountability and delivery.
• Collaborative engagement enables Solutions Delivery to gain a holistic view of challenges and opportunities to address not only immediate issues but also focus on building long-term ITS road map solutions aligned to the Bank’s strategic vision.
• Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout the team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Responsible for delivering GTS projects/programs to CIO teams.
• Comprehensive understanding of the business environment to assess the impacts on multiple businesses and/or geographies, and establish project sequence and priority accordingly
• Comprehensive understanding the technical environment to assess operational risk associated with various solution and implementation options and facilitating identification of the most cost effective and efficient solution.
• Responsible for GTS deliverables (time, cost, quality)
• Responsible for Operational Readiness of all projects
• Facilitate transitioning of projects to steady state support
• Responsible to ensure full stack resources are assigned to initiatives/requirements are executing
• Coordinate maintenance/change windows / timing
• Facilitate and support the change management process for project delivery
• Ensure that the Enterprise Delivery Framework is followed, and any deviations are rationalized to the Sponsors and agreed to be acceptable risk.
• Co-management of vendors and third parties, where applicable, by ensuring their role is understood, via the charter, and that their tasks and dependencies are reflected in the project plan and executed.
• Ongoing communication of project status, completing the monthly Project Status Reports and escalating issues to the senior management, as required.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills
1. 5+ years of experience as Solutions Delivery Specialist
2. 5+ years of experience with technicalities of data centers
3. 5+ years of hands-on experience in the financial services industry, managing large complex technology projects and programs that have significant IT and operational components
4. 5+ years of experience with project management methodologies (PMLC)
5. 5+ years of experience with technology platforms (e.g. Mid-Range Systems, Host Based Systems, MS)
Nice to Have Skills
• Knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements (i.e. OSFI)
• Previous experience with data center migration
• PMP designation
• Scrum experience
• Scrum certified
• Agile experience
• Cloud certified
• Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills to be able to work well with technical peers and business stakeholders at different levels within the organization
• Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and do the necessary research using multiple sources of information to arrive at innovative solutions
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work independently or with minimal direction
• Good time management and organizational skills to effectively manage high scale project
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required