Solutions Delivery Specialist
Location Address: WFH (Toronto)
Contract Duration: 8 months
Number of Positions: 2
Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday & possible OT during implementation
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: GTS – SID – Solutions Delivery
• Project: Mainframe workload swap and DBR testing.
• Reason for request: SDM contractors required to support IBM Canadian Data centers Fail-over, testing and application coordination.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn how the bank functions and how disaster recovery exercises are planned.
Typical Day in Role
• Leads and oversees Solutions Delivery within the Solutions Integration and Delivery (SI&D) organization ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
• Solutions Delivery is responsible for the delivery and execution of programs and projects. The team drives to act as a trusted partner and strives to deepen client relationships based on trust, integrity, commitment, accountability and delivery.
• Collaborative engagement enables Solutions Delivery to gain a holistic view of challenges and opportunities to address not only immediate issues but also focus on building long-term ITS road map solutions aligned to the Bank’s strategic vision.
• The Solutions Integration and Delivery (SI&D) organization is rooted in understanding our banking client's business lines and technologies and collaborating with our global CIOs and business lines to deliver high quality, reliable enterprise solutions in an agile and cost-effective manner while complying to the bank’s security standards and policies.
• SI&D will manage intake and prioritization into the GTS organization from our CIO partners. In addition, SI&D will bring to bear the full Enterprise GTS capabilities to find solutions for our partners. This will include combining the services and assets globally and, in the cloud, coordinated with the Infrastructure Architecture and Ops & Engineering teams.
• Additionally, the SI&D team will assist in the enablement and organization of a full stack model to provide integrated and agile support services. By leveraging various tools and technologies, SI&D will provide customer focused, sustainable, and scalable solutions aligned to the specific business needs providing a competitive advantage for our customers.
• Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout the team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Creates an environment in which the team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Responsible for delivering GTS projects/programs to CIO teams. In the context of managing a program delivery, the position requires:
• Identification and management of dependencies between individual projects in the program
• Identification and management of the overall critical path
• Comprehensive understanding of the business environment to assess the impacts on multiple businesses and/or geographies, and establish project sequence and priority accordingly
• Comprehensive understanding the technical environment to assess operational risk associated with various solution and implementation options and facilitating identification of the most cost effective and efficient solution.
• Responsible for GTS deliverables (time, cost, quality)
• Responsible for Operational Readiness of all projects
• Facilitate transitioning of projects to steady state support
• Responsible to ensure full stack resources are assigned to initiatives / requirements are executing
• Coordinate maintenance/change windows / timing
• Facilitate and support the change management process for project delivery
• Ensuring his/her Objectives and Development Plans are maintained consistently
• Ensure that the Enterprise Delivery Framework is followed, and any deviations are rationalized to the Sponsors and agreed to be acceptable risk.
• Co-management of vendors and third parties, where applicable, by ensuring their role is understood, via the charter, and that their tasks and dependencies are reflected in the project plan and executed.
• Ongoing communication of project status, completing the monthly Project Status Reports and escalating issues to the senior management, as required.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• Experience as Solutions Delivery Specialist – 3+ years of experience
• Experience with technicalities of data centers – 3+ years of experience
• Experience in the financial services industry, managing large complex technology projects and programs that have significant IT and operational components – 3+ years of hands on experience
• Experience with project management methodologies (PMLC) -3+ years of experience
• Experience with technology platforms (e.g. Mid-Range Systems, Host Based Systems, MS) – 3+ years of experience
• 2+ years of previous mainframe experience as a developer or infrastructure role
• PMP (Project Management Professional) Designation
• Knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements (i.e. OSFI)
• Scrum experience
• Scrum Certified
• Agile experience
• Ability to work under tight timelines and competing priorities
• Strong communication skills (verbal – client engagement)
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Best vs Average:
• Previous experience in disaster recovery at a financial institution or bank
• Previous mainframe experience
Candidate Review & Selection
• Structure and Format:
• 1st round – phone screening
• 2nd round video interview with Hiring Manager & Solution Delivery Manager
• Behavioral/technical questions