Position Title: Solutions Architect IV
Duration: 3 months
Work Location: Toronto
SUMMARY OF DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Microsoft O365 Architect/Delivery Lead – Design and Create Standard for Office ProPlus/2016 (including OneDrive, Teams, Visio & Project) on Citrix 7 – currency upgrade to Next Gen – from Office 10 on Citrix 6 to Citrix 7
A Microsoft O365 365 Architect and delivery lead to design an end-to-end lifecycle and to define the standard for Office 2016/ProPlus (including Project, Visio, OneDrive and MS Teams) on Citrix 7. This includes design for a base deployment of Office on Citrix 7 with instructions for businesses to tailor deployed components based on their use cases, create a licensing model, execute packaging and distribution (HPSA and SCCM), complete technical certification according to security & risk controls, work with the Citrix service owner to design and implement ongoing release and currency management processes in alignment with Microsoft Semi-Annual Channel update ring, deliver associated artifacts for all of the above along with production transition, training and documentation.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & REQUIREMENTS:
• Develops and maintains respective architecture framework / solution that supports the most efficient, reliable, scalable, and secure solutions to meet the business needs and technology strategy; this includes planning, evaluating, recommending and designing architectural solutions in compliance with enterprise standards.
• Contribute to, design and/or develop an architecture framework including technology domain architecture strategy, policies, guiding principles and standards to govern how technology solutions will be developed and implemented.
• Work with CoE partners and other Architects to understand the security standards, risks and ratify solution security design. Research/analyze business requirements to evaluate and recommend optimal solutions within technology architecture.
• Review project detailed solution architecture and design ensuring it meets requirements / complies with the architectural and security standards, patterns and frameworks and provide sign-off on the detailed design.
• Contribute to the development of project plans by providing input and manage projects / initiatives by directing assigned resources, communicating project status and providing timely escalation of issues.
• Provide expert consultation and participate as a subject matter expert on projects of moderate to high risk and complexity.
• Work with Technology Systems Analysts to develop a Requirements Traceability Matrix to ensure end-to-end traceability of the solution to the requirements.
• Build consensus and facilitate collaboration and decision-making within/across business units to ensure consistent application of IT strategy and compliance with architecture framework.
• Ensure projects are compliant with technology domain architecture and design/operate processes to provide ongoing review of in-progress activity against technology architecture and development standards.
• Comply with well-defined enterprise technology delivery practices and standards and project management disciplines – including creation of project documentation of system requirements, estimates of scope and cost.
• Support the development, documentation, communication and execution of a comprehensive strategy, policies and solutions.
• Conduct pre and post implementation reviews, ensuring all technical solutions have met business requirements.
• Contribute to and/or develop the process by which decisions will be made regarding technology standards.
• Protect/enhance the security, availability of technology, brand integrity and shareholder value by establishing parameters for continued investment in technology solutions, and providing technical risk analysis / assessment.
• Identify enhancements and gaps in architectural frameworks, standards and patterns to raise issues for inclusion in future versions.
• Continuously enhance knowledge/expertise in own area and keep current with emerging industry trends, new technologies and best practices in the external market that can contribute to delivering effective client solutions.
• May develop and/or contribute to negotiations of third party contracts/agreements.
• Participate in knowledge transfer with senior management, the team, other technical areas and business units.
• Work effectively as a team, supporting other members of the team in achieving business objectives and providing client services.
• Expert knowledge of architecture for own technology, tools, processes and procedures and broader organization issues and technology.
• Advanced knowledge of applications, programming languages, industry best practices, business/ organization, Bank standards, infrastructure, architecture.
• Works autonomously on complex, highly visible architecture projects / initiatives.
• Manages / directs activities related to analysis and design of architecture on larger, high risk / complex projects.
• Acts as a lead expert resource in the exchange of architectural information for project teams, the business and/or outside vendors.
• Generally reports to Senior Managing Architect or above Undergraduate degree or Technical Certificate.
• Graduate degree, preferred.
• 8-10 years relevant experience.
1.) Office 365 (Office 2016/ProPlus) – 5 years
2.) OneDrive for Business/MS Team – 5 years
3.) Citrix 6&7 – 5 years
4.) strong understanding of HPSA and SCCM – Packaging and Distribution solutions – 5 years
5.) Excellent documentation and training skills
NICE TO HAVE:
1.) Financial industry