Solutions Architect – FTE
Location: Scarborough, ON
PURPOSE OF JOB
Our large financial client is looking for an experienced Solutions Architect with both business and technical background in multi-tiered Banking applications.
This team consists of collaborative, dedicated, enthusiastic individuals that work together to support a suite of applications that provide common infrastructure and services utilized by highly critical business applications across multiple channels.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, the Solutions Architect is required to lead a team of developers to ensure the availability of Mid-Tier applications and client requirements are met or succeeded.
The Solutions Architect will be required to work outside normal business hours, including holding a pager to support Production incidents to resolution.
The Solutions Architect would be responsible for analyzing requirements and providing scalable solutions for minor enhancements for various applications, emergency changes, problem fixes utilizing Agile or Waterfall development methodologies and DevOps capabilities whilst ensuring the stability of the environment is maintained through software currency and monitoring practices.
The incumbent must have a good understanding of bank systems analysis and development and have good analytical, problem solving/trouble shooting skills and flexibility to support the applications in a rapidly changing, demanding and complex business environment.
The Solutions Architect will act as the link between the business and the technical teams to ensure the Team and its Application Development counterparts deliver quality solutions that are highly scalable, secure, and flexible – all while maintaining a strong customer focus.
The incumbent must have good interpersonal and communication skills to deliver proposals, provide user support, mentor junior staff and interact with team members and other departments.
1) In-depth knowledge and experience with SQL, UNIX/AIX, Java/J2EE, XML, SOA, WebSphere, Rational suite, UML, Schedulers
2) Excellent knowledge of DB2 and experience supporting large, mission critical databases including performance tuning
3) Experience with shell scripting in AIX/Unix environment
4) Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively liaise with business users, members of project team, and strategic technology partner
5) Effective time management and organization skills and can work well independently or in a team environment
6) Experienced with developing SOAP and REST web services
7) Experienced with Security: PKI, security keys, SSL Certificates
8) At least three (5+) years of experience in a software engineering role, familiarity with scalability issues and multi-tiered solutions
9) A solid understanding and experience in the financial industry is required
The following skills are desirable:
1) Good knowledge of retail banking products and services
2) Very good understanding of current IT practices and systems development techniques, including system specifications and testing methodologies
3) Familiarity with Continuous Integration And Delivery and DevOps tools (Git, BitBucket)
4) Familiarity with LDAP Technology, Single Sign on Authentication/SAML 2 Technologies
5) Good knowledge of monitoring tools such as Foglight, Tivoli, Dynatrace, Splunk
6) Good knowledge of Windows, SQL Server, IIS and .net Framework
7) Familiarity with testing tool HP ALM
8) Familiarity with cloud-based applications, awareness of main public cloud offerings (Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure) and how Pivotal Cloud Foundry is best suited to
Education & Certification
• Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or related field