Solutions Architect – Azure/GCP
Location Address: Toronto
Schedule Hours: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
Contract Duration: 6 months, with possibility of extension or conversion to FTE
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Data & Analytics Engineering: data analytics solving for a global concern (scope is global).
• Project: Critical Data Transformation project: The team is involved closely with the definition of the strategic direction for data analytics. Works closely with global analytics teams and data office teams.
• Reason for request: Critical Data Transformation Project
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a team that sets a benchmark for the standards on Bay street. They will be using Google cloud technologies, Kubernetes, etc.
• Join the Global Community to help customers become better off. The Team, in partnership with the Customer Insights Data and Analytics teams and our IT partners, the Data and Analytics Technology team, supports the banks Data and Analytics needs with tooling, projects and IT operational support.
Typical Day in Role
The Role The Solutions Architect role will be supporting the Platform architectural design, will be involved in or fully own the preparation of Security Design Documents (SDD), Threat Risk Assessments (TRA), request for proposals (RFP)s, Proof of Concept (POC) for a variety of cross cutting business concerns and their presentation/defense to all internal/external entities involved in the solution. Some of the key accountabilities include:
• Participate in evaluation of new tools, vendors.
• Documents and maintains operational procedures and processes.
• Proficiency in banks change control processes and the application of those.
• Troubleshoot, system capacity, bottlenecks, basics of memory, CPU, kernel, and storage
• Test, monitor, administer, optimize and operate multiple big data clusters on premise and/or in cloud.
• Maintains effectiveness of data management processes to be complied with bank's policies and standards.
• Investigate emerging technologies in big data space that relate to our needs and implement those technologies
• Architect cutting edge data and analytics solutions employing the industry best practices and embedding security on every level.
• Design tools to diagnose and fix complex distributed systems handling petabytes of data & drive opportunities to automate infrastructure deployments, and observability of data services.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills (listed in order of priority, but all are important):
• 4+ years proven experience in technical leadership, solution architecture role with specific experience in distributed system design, data engineering, microservices architectures, serverless architectures. (If their experience is slightly below the years’ requirement, it is okay as long as they have good hands-on experience)
• Extensive knowledge and experience in delivering solutions in the public cloud specifically Azure and/or GCP (There is no set year minimum, but they need to have
experience with this in a large enterprise and enough knowledge to not have hand-holding)
• 2-3+ years previous experience with security design documents SDD
• Significant experience using Docker and Kubernetes.
• Deep knowledge of meta data management principles and experience implementing those.
• Extensive knowledge and experience in security designs in accordance with ISO27001, SOC2
• Proven ability to influence beyond area of chain of command
• Committed to see tasks through to completion.
• Ownership of their work; dedicated to finding solutions to issues
• Team player with exceptional communication skills (verbal and written) to work with resolving conflict
Best vs Average: Energy, on top of technical skills they need to be energetic and have a sense of energy + tackling tough problems. Positive mindsets are valuable in this role.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree or better in Computer Science or Engineering.
Candidate Review & Selection
• Structure and Format: HM + panel interview (2 rounds)