One of Nexus Group's clients is in need of a Solutions Architect to join their growing team. This organization develops innovative technology standards and digital solutions for their external partners. This role will be interfacing with various customers in the Insurance domain and focusing on some cutting-edge technology solutions related to Blockchain and/or AI.
Located in Toronto, the Solutions Architect will lead the development and implementation of high-impact projects, solutions and technology standards delivering next generation digital solutions and improved operational ecosystem for clients that include insurance companies, software vendors and brokers across Canada.
This role requires an individual with exceptional project management, leadership and technical skills with the ability to translate highly technical content to multiple stakeholders clearly articulating the value.
The Solutions Architect acts as the lead for technology architecture, end-to-end system design, integrations, third party applications and standards driving the technology vision into requirements and solutions.
- Provide architecture expertise focusing on the evolving digital technology needs of our members including technical system reviews, business process reviews and improvement recommendations.
- Architect high performance solutions that integrate with complex back-end systems hosted on multiple technical platforms.
- Work closely with solution architects, system architects, data architects and application architects to develop standards based solutions that are scalable and adaptable.
- Investigate third party applications, technologies, and cloud-based platforms that support the technology strategy.
- Develop and maintain architecture framework including templates, best practices, standards, strategies, policies, techniques and tools.
- Provide subject-matter expertise and guidance in architecture implementation activities including mentoring and coaching staff on architecture and system operations.
- Lead the execution of the company IT security framework and program.
- Participate in all hardware, software and vendor evaluations for IT infrastructure, application and product services.
- Execute the development of the technology architecture roadmap for the organization as an input to the overall roadmap.
- Maintain current knowledge of modern technologies across multiple technology stacks
- Prepare and update architecture, design, system documentation and presentations for both technical and business audience.
- Ensure stability of the corporate IT infrastructure, architecture and product services in a multi-environment ecosystem.
- Assist in managing production, staging and development environment for seamless business operations and superior member experience.
- Direct and coordinate system upgrades, deployment and end-to-end acceptance testing with multiple stakeholders. Perform root cause analysis as necessary.
- Provide subject matter expertise, guidance and support for internal technology projects, system integrations and strategic initiatives.
- Represent the organization as a trusted advisor on industry projects taking a lead role writing project charters, managing requirements, technical solutions and coordinating design, development and implementation activities.
- Lead specific systems development/enhancement projects as it relates to system configuration, data conversions, network architecture and evaluation of technical specifications.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field.
- 10 or more years of experience in Information Technology, with 5 or more of those years in architecture planning, design, development, implementation and operations.
- Extensive practical knowledge of Enterprise Architecture including Business, Data, Application, Technology and Integration domains. TOGAF certification is an asset.
- Proven knowledge and experience of new technologies (SOA, Web Services, Cloud computing, Mobile platforms, Web Content Management, Portals, etc.) and their application.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence technologies with some working experience.
- Experience designing solutions for cloud hosting platforms such as AWS, MS Azure and Google.
- Experience with ITIL framework and best practices for building robust and scalable solutions,
- Experience with network technologies: TCP/IP, VPN, WAN/LAN, SMTP, POP3, IMAP, SQL, database schema and design.
- Excellent project management skills and experience with waterfall, agile and DevOps methodologies. PMP certification is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to collaborate, influence and build relationships with IT and business partners at all levels of the organization balancing the needs of diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments with competing priorities. Highly motivated to work in a fast-paced team oriented environment.
- Works well under pressure with a sense of urgency for task completion and for members experience are essential.