Job Posting Title: Software Engineer (React/Node)
Contract Length: 4 months
Location: WFH (Downtown Toronto after Covid Restrictions Lifted)
Start Date: May 10th
Story Behind the Need: Canadian Digital Bank Engineering Applications is seeking a Software Engineer In order to deliver Harmony project milestones by the program mandated MVP date. A high level software engineer is required at this time in order to successfully onboard and transfer requisite knowledge for them to produce from day 1.
Candidate Value Proposition:
Not only will this candidate gain experience at a big 5 bank, but they will be working daily with some of the most disruptive and emerging technologies, making real impact at the bank and its deliverables.
Typical Day in the Role:
– Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
– Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
– Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
– Create and maintain software documentation
– Analyze and review enhancement requests and specifications Implement system software and customize to client requirements
– Prepare the detailed software specifications and test plans
– Code new programs to client's specifications and create data for testing
– Modify existing programs to new standards and conduct unit testing of developed programs
– Perform post-implementation validation of software and resolve any bugs found during testing
– Collaborate with the Scrum team to plan milestones, successfully execute software delivery, and escalate issues as needed
– Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
– Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with our banking clients Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk
– Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
1. 3-5 years of experience in similar Software Engineer role 2. 3-5 years of experience with React/Node tech stack 3. Experience with NoSQL Database 4. Experience working in Agile environment
– Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities
– Demonstrated ability to lead and deliver technology based deployments.
– Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential
– The role requires a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement for efficiency and cost effectiveness
– Must be reliable, proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
– Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure
– Strong organizational skills, excellent problem-solving, communication, and collaboration skills to work with everyone from project team, to business partners and stakeholders
Education and Certifications:
– Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field
1st Round – Codility test – review results internally and 2nd – technical interview generally 1 hour 3nd Round – 30 minute interview Prefer to use Microsoft Teams