Location: WFH – Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 months
Summary: The main function of a Software Engineer is to design, develop, implement, test, and maintain business and computer applications software or specialized utility programs including mainframe and client/server applications, and major enhancement of existing systems
• Design and implement services and components to enable enterprise-wide use of data
• Automate and re-factor services code.
• Work closely with software/data engineers and DevOps engineers to build data
• management capabilities that drive real business outcomes
• Participate in planning and retrospective sessions, attend stand-ups, etc.
• Experience in software engineering best practices such as code reviews, testing frameworks, maintainability and readability
• Strong communication skills, both written and spoken
• Team player, self-starter
• Attention to details, high standards for quality
Qualifications: of Must have Skills
1. Experience in building data software; experience with ETL a plus
2. At least 4 years of hands on experience working with big data technologies (e.g. Spark, Hive, Airflow)
3. At least 5 years of experience with object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Scala, Python, Java)
4. At least 5 years of experience working with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL)
5. Understanding of data management disciplines such as data quality, data profiling, etc.
5. At least 2 year of experience working with CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins, Git, Bitbucket, other)
Nice to have:
Knowledge and understanding of container and micro-services technologies (e.g.8. Docker, Kubernetes) a plus
Previous experience working in a financial institution a plus