Location Address: WFH – Toronto
Contract Duration: End of fiscal year 10/31
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: Mon – Fri 9-5
The Senior Software Engineer role is a cross-functional role within Software Engineering team with involvement at all phases of our application and service release lifecycle that embraces the DevOps method of communication, collaboration and integration.
Senior Software Engineers are responsible for design, implementation, and ongoing support of the production services, applications and platform components that comprise our backend. In this role you can leverage your technical skills in systems management, software development and DevOps to provide best-practices guidance and provide tier-3 support.
• Work closely with software engineering teams to design and implement scalable and high-performance solutions for our platform as a service and internal management tools.
• Drive automation of application deployment for production and pre-release environments.
• Define monitoring requirements and implement automated incident resolution solutions.
• Design, implement and manage continuous integration, build management and deployment scripts and systems.
• Provide tier-3 troubleshooting and break-fix support for production services.
• Quickly and efficiently troubleshoot simple and complex issues in order to provide outstanding support for internal service level objectives.
• Identify areas for process and efficiency improvement within Platform Services Operations; recommend solutions and assist in overseeing implementation. Actively facilitate continuous improvement.
• Ensure all necessary operational processes and procedures are carried out with a high level of attention to detail, expediency and on-time delivery.
• Define and document standard run books and operating procedures. Create and maintain system information and architecture diagrams.
• Monitor various systems capacity and health indicators and trends; provide analytics & forecasts for added or reduced capacity as required.
• Regions: Scotia Digital – Canada, Mexico, Peru, Colombia, Chile, CCAU
• Financial dimensions: none
• Support ALL projects that uses Event Driven Services
Education / Experience / Other Information (include only those that are specific to the role)
• 5+ years of software development experience in a commercial environment.
• Hands- on experience in a DevOps environment. Experience with Java Build Tools: Maven or Gradle, Ansible, Puppet
• Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and operations
• Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools: Puppet, Ansible, Terraform
• Experience with Containers: Docker, Kubernetes, Helm
Nice to have
Bilingual (Spanish/English) is a plus
• Strong experience with process automation
• Familiarity with Kafka or similar high-scale distributed data systems. Kafka preferred
• Good communication skills
• Able work independently as well as working with members of the team
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent is required
• Certification in Java, Terraform, Ansible or Puppet is a plus
• 1 interview, with HM & Senior Manager, Technical lead, 1 hour interview video conference (Technical and behavior questions)