Software Development Manager
Our Global client one of leading providers of industrial software is looking for a Full time Senior Quality.
To lead a group of software engineers in developing and maintaining Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) software.
- Lead and steer a Software Development team in the design and development of software.
- The ideal person for this role is someone who wants (and enjoys) wearing multiple hats, from hands-on coding to project planning and leading a team to increase customer impact by provide innovative, quality software with speedy delivery.
- Passionate about continuous improvement and well versed with Scrum practices, Lean Agile, test driven development, extreme programming, and ensuring robust execution.
- Elicit and understand the requirements, feature design, scope planning, task breakdown and estimation, code development, regular reporting, documentation and delivery of timely solutions.
- Provide release estimates and monitor team velocity.
- Forecast and manage team budget, promote innovation and development ideas, solution designs and provide delivery estimates.
- Coach and develop Scrum Masters within the development team and undertake the role of Scrum Master when required.
- Ensure all code is developed following R&D Software Development Process, which includes software design, documented code, code reviews, unit tests and adherence to Cyber Security standards.
- Participate and comment in review sessions (walkthroughs, spec and coding reviews).
- Ensure sufficient staffing levels of software developers and product specialists within the team identifying and growing any shortfall in skills.
- Remain compliant with all agreed internal and external quality frameworks.
- 7+ years as Software Development Manager.
- Technical software experience and knowledge to support design review, prioritization, issue resolution, etc., such as:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Knowledge of C++, C# and Microsoft .NET development framework.
- Proven experience of managing, leading and coaching others.
- Experience of working on multi-location and multi-national software development projects.
- Experience of writing software where performance and integrity are critical.
- Computer engineering or computer science background, ideally in enterprise solutions and industrial automation.
- Strong management and leadership skills with the ability to manage teams based in geographically dispersed locations.
- Highly effective in a global and matrix environment.
- Understand software architecture and design using Agile management.
- Builds rapport and robust relationships as well as influencing at all levels including.
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Deals with concepts and complexity comfortably.
Location: Calgary, AB
Employment: Permanent Full-time