Job Title: Software Development Engineer in Test
Location Address: WFH (Toronto when in office after BCP)
Contract Duration: 6 months + good chance of extension
The group is part of the System Engineering team and is looking for a strong Software Development Engineer in test to focus on Release Engineering functions for multiple migrations.
• Project: The project has just started and is anticipated to take upwards of a year and a half to complete.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a challenging project, utilizing new technology stack with a focused, talented group of developers, business users and architects.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test you’ll be working on our Platform Migration team. You’ll work closely with multiple scrum teams to evangelize an emphasis on quality. You’ll contribute to highly applauded in-house automation frameworks for GUI, Microservices and Performance test.
Typical Day in the Role:
• You have an experience developing test automation tools written in Java, python or React JS
• You have written moderate to complex code/scripts to test systems.
• Responsible for designing, developing and maintaining a modular, extensible and reusable test automation framework to enable the continuous testing in a DevOps environment
• Developing code to automate the testing (Unit/ Integration) of micro services (Rest APIs) and ensuring the adequate test coverage of the application code
• Partner with development engineers during story and task breakdown to develop test approach that effectively cover the functional and performance characteristics of a feature
• Building, maintaining, and improving the existing automation framework, test harness, and processes
• Be/become a SME on usage of entire application suite, processes, workflows, etc
• Working with Engineering team Management to improve the testing process
• Understanding of enterprise software design principles – architecture, design patterns, OOP
• Comfortable working in a self-guided manner with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage your own time efficiently, without direct input or oversight
1. Good knowledge and experience in Java/ J2EE – at least 3 years
2. Good knowledge and experience in Spring Boot – at least 2 years
3. Strong knowledge of object-oriented software development best practices
4. Strong experience in developing Unit Tests and Integration Tests using testing frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG, and RestAssured (it is the ideal)– at least 2 years
5. Experience working in a DevOps environment. Experience with Java Build Tools: Maven or Gradle
6 Familiarity with OpenAPI Specification (OAS)/ Swagger, YAML, JSON
7. Exposure to Public Cloud such as Google, AWS or Azure. Knowledge and experience working with Azure / MongoDB – Must have* minimum 1 recent project exposure
Nice to have:
– experience in building, integrating and deploying web services (REST/ SOAP/JSON/XML)
– Python Development is a plus
– Financial Industry