Social Media Marketer
Location Address: WFH (hybrid model once back in downtown Toronto, location TBD)
Contract Duration: 1 year – possibility of extension or conversion to FTE
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9-5, Mon-Fri
Reason: New role
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Enterprise Digital Marketing – this contractor would sit with Social, Content and Search within the broader marketing structure, DMKT (a digital unit)
Project: Scotia Wealth Management – This role is responsible for supporting the development and publishing of marketing content and managing social channels.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within a fast-paced department within the digital space and help launch channels (such as TikTok) for the bank. There is flexibility within the workplace – ability to work from home, pick your own hours. There is an opportunity to be part of an organization that has so many opportunities further than work such as various diversity groups so once can grow their skillset beyond everyday tasks. Possibility for extension and conversion to FTE.
Typical Day in Role:
• Champion collaboration with Marketing, SEO specialists, technology partners, compliance and legal teams, copywriters and multi-media designers to ensure content developed and published on digital wealth channels is based on data and insights, informative and engaging, and adheres to brand guidelines.
• Define relevant content and social media KPIs and measures ongoing progress.
• Stay updated on the latest social media best practices, partners, tools, and technology.
• Coordinates with internal marketing communications, Scotia Wealth Management and the various business lines – critical in driving brand awareness, engagement and revenue growth.
• Work alongside the Scotiabank Social Media team, however, will focus efforts with Stakeholders, Private Investment Counsel, Private Banking.
• Contributes to the overall success of Wealth Management Marketing, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed/delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 1+ years’ experience in brand and content development and publishing
2) 1+ years’ experience in social media content writing and editing
1) Previous experience in the financial services industry
2) Previous experience in social media analytics
Soft Skills Required:
• Passion for social media, is up to date on trends and platforms
• Creative and has interest in design
• Digitally savvy, able to quickly learn and work across various digital platforms
• Strong interpersonal skills, exceptional client-facing relations management
• Strong time management skills and an eagle-eye for details.
• A solutions-oriented team player that can manage and complete multiple cross-functional projects on time.
College or University Degree in Marketing, Digital Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or related field required.
Candidate Review & Selection
2 rounds – 1 hour video interviews
1st with HM and social team
2nd with the Wealth team
Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP