Social Media Manager
Story Behind the Need
We are looking for a Social Media Manager to work alongside a team of social strategists, account managers, designers and agencies to develop and execute best-in-class social strategy across our global social media channels.
Typical Day in Role
• Manage social media content development, including ideation, creation, and publishing of social-first content.
• Supporting the implementation and optimization of our Social Media strategy across our Masterbrand channels .
• Define relevant social media KPIs and measure ongoing progress.
• Work with multi-media designers and copywriters to ensure content is informative, engaging, and entertaining.
• Strong understanding of social media trends, the latest and greatest in digital marketing.
• Stay up to date with latest social media best practices, partners, tools, and technology.
• Develop strong relationships with relevant influencers across Canadian markets to activate campaigns and initiatives.
• Candidate will have a prominent seat within the wider Digital Marketing team
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with our Values, its Code of Conduct, and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions, and conduct risk.
• Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
– 5+ years of experience as a social media strategist in an agency or brand side
– Candidate must have strong PowerPoint skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple manner
– Strong understanding of social media channels and emerging channels such as TikTok
– Excellent writing and/or copywriting skills
– 5+ years of advanced platform knowledge (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Snapchat and TikTok)
– 5+ years of experience with social media copywriting and editing
– Experience with community management
– Experience with social publishing platforms (Sprinklr, Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Later etc.)
– Excellent ability to develop creative briefs
– Bilingual in French
– Previous financial industry experience
– Social listening experience
– Employee advocacy experience
– Critical thinking abilities
– Strong collaborative creative abilities
– Ability to work independently on projects while also contributing collaboratively to group projects
– Strong sense of ownership and motivating mindset with an ability to provide rationale for design decisions
– Ability to react to sudden changes in timelines
– Eager to contribute creative ideas to the team
– Excellent time management organizational skills
– Strong ability to work in a fast-paced environment
– Strong public speaking skills and the ability to present PowerPoints, findings, social media strategies, etc.
Degrees or certifications:
– Post-secondary degree in digital marketing, social media, marketing, communications, public relations, or any relevant field.