SOA Developer (Ottawa/remote)
The Developer role is to develop application code in accordance with application standards and best practices working on projects, change requests and minor enhancements. This individual is responsible for analyzing, developing and delivering the technical solution that satisfies the functional design documents and other useful requirements. The Developer also works with incident management software to investigate, resolve issues with various applications and resolve defects. The Developer unit tests changes to applications to ensure that the quality level delivered to QA is acceptable. This individual is well versed in agile methodologies and development.
• Experience with Oracle SOA Suite Development using JDeveloper.
• Solid understanding of SOA patterns, standards & best practices;
• Experience with web services (SOAP, REST, WSDL, WADL, JSON);
• Knowledge of security concepts (WS-* security, SSL)
• Soap UI and XML editing tools
• Experience with WebLogic Server, BPM, Mediator, Business Rules, XML Schema, XQuery and JMS.
• Knowledge of Basic SOA Admin functions (configuration and deployment) using Enterprise Manager and Admin Console.
• Experience using XSLT/XPath, XSL, XSD, DTD, XML
• Multi-stream code management using a central repository (eg. SVN/Tortoise
• IDE (Netbeans, or Eclipse or similar IDEs)
• Software development methodologies and processes.
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Experience with file transfer services (FTP, FTPS, SFTP, HTTP, HTTPS, heuristics)
• Application server management/configuration (GlassFish or WebLogic, WebSphere)