Contract Duration: 4 months
Location: WFH, Toronto
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Team is working to transition Credit Cards source from KS to TSYS
Need: The Site Reliability Engineer will be responsible for investigating the current usage of KS source within the EDW relating to the non-core EDW applications, creating an impact analysis, creating solutions to those impacts and implementing the changes
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on multiple initiatives on non-relational databases, gaining exposure to multiple bank streams and utilizing new technology. The individual is comfortable working with business and technical staff ensuring systems are designed and maintained according to enterprise architectural standards. Collaborating with team members, they will utilize agile best practices and metrics to build high quality technology solutions in line with the product's vision.
Typical Day In the Role:
• Work closely with stakeholder teams (Data Office, Business, & Development)
• Participate in technical meetings with client's technical specialists.
• Create documentation
• Ensure delivery of negotiated product/function while following standards and methodologies.
• Create and maintain detailed design documents as well as supporting the lifecycle of those documents.
• Create/Modify stored procedures
• Create/Modify asp web pages
• Map data and analyse the impact of changes to the data
• Build and test integrated software solutions.
• Create test strategy
• Author & execute test cases
• Help maintain code quality, organization, and performance.
• Ensure that SRE targets such as SLI, SLO, SLA are met or improved due to their work
• Provide deployment and post deployment support (Ex. warranty support, command center services, process, review release content and coordinate with clients).
• Provide L3 support for any solutions delivered
Must Have Skills:
1. 3+ Years MSSQL
2. 3+ Years Stored Procedures
3. 3+ Years ASP web pages
4. 1+ years of hands-on experience in Data Warehousing, design, development, data manipulation
5. 1+ years hands on experience on CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Gradle/Maven, BitBucket, Artifactory, SonarQube)
6. 1+ years with source code versioning tools (Git).
1. Excellent team player with experience working in an Agile environment.
2. Excellent communication skills to work cross-functionally with business groups.
• Good organizational skills, excellent problem-solving, and excellent communication skills.
• Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure.
• Must be reliable, proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
• Must be able to think conceptually out-of-the-box.
Nice to have:
– Cognos nice to have
Education: Minimal educational requirements are a bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering/mathematics discipline.
Nice to have Skills:
– An understanding of data warehousing principles is preferred.
– Experience with continuous integration
– Financial Industry experience