Job Title: ServiceNow Developer
Location: North York, ON
Duration: 6 months
What is the nature of this position? Information Security Operations.
Is there a possibility for extension in this role or potential for permanent hire? Six months to start; high potential for full time employment after contract
Enhanced Reliability Clearance: Yes
The ServiceNow Developer is responsible for developing, designing, and owning technical solutions on the ServiceNow platform. The candidate will apply good programming techniques to configure and integrate robust solutions utilizing the ServiceNow platform. This position will use the ITIL framework to provide technical assistance, workflow development, software configuration, customization, and web service integrations. This may include providing administration, application development, maintenance, and technical support.
· Overall responsibility for the successful planning, execution, monitoring, control, and closure of all technical tasks related to configuration, integration and implementation of all aspects of the ServiceNow platform.
· Efficient and effective throughput of delivering on requests ranging from new and modification of Service Catalogs, integrations, configuration and functionality changes, and administration.
· Provide software coding and customization including, but not limited to: screen tailoring, workflow administration, report setup, data imports, integration, scripting, third party software integrations, and custom application development.
· Update and maintain a comprehensive testing protocol for ServiceNow instance upgrades with the purpose of certifying all applications for use after the upgrade completes.
· Coordinate and solve complex technical data and transformation issues.
· Obtain and analyze/interpret business requirements to purpose sustainable solutions in ServiceNow.
· Answer “how to” technical and application configuration questions.
· 3+ years of experience ServiceNow development and architecture
· Strong knowledge of Web 2.0 Technologies (Angular, Java Scripting, XML, HTML, AJAX,), SaaS applications and SOAP Web Service integrations.
· Solid understanding of the application development lifecycle process, including requirement gathering and analysis, design, coding, testing, quality assurance, implementation, issue tracking, version control, deployment and project management.
· Highly skilled and proficient in using development tools with the analytical and problem-solving skills necessary to troubleshoot and provide user support.
· Excellent understanding of emerging service delivery solutions, technologies, and methodologies.
· Experience with extending the ServiceNow schema to custom applications.
· Excellence in time management and organization skills with an aptitude toward creative problem-solving.
· Self-starter with a record of accomplishment in managing multiple complex tasks.
· Innovative, creative, self-directed…a great leader and team player!
· Strong communication, presentation, and writing skills.
· ServiceNow Application Developer certification required.