Job Title: Service Representative- Job id: 32189-1
Duration: 1 year
Fulfill routine and occasionally non-routine transactions, internal business partner and/or external customer inquiries/ requests, and/or audit/ reconciliation activities efficiently and effectively in accordance with Bank and industry standards, focusing on up to a one-month time horizon. Follow procedures to resolve standard and relatively straightforward internal business partner and/or external customer inquiries/ requests and issues, referring non-routine issues to more senior team members and/or manager.
A. Product & Process
• Process and/or fulfill transactions, perform audit/ reconciliation activities and/or other activities in accordance with established priorities and deadlines on a timely, accurate and efficient basis.
• Resolve discrepancies that include occasional non-routine situations in accordance with standard procedures.
• Record and verify data for fulfillment and/or further handling.
• Communicate with internal business partners and external customers to respond to standard and occasionally non-standard and/or non-routine inquiries according to guidelines. Follow-up with other business units to ensure issues are resolved.
• Perform administrative tasks such as distributing/ collecting documentation and information to or from other internal departments or institutions, archiving historical documentation, assisting in the preparation of management reports, reconciling activities on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
• Resolve escalated work or issues from more junior staff, as appropriate.
• Provide input into the continuous improvement of business processes and procedures within the scope of the work team, and participate in testing and implementation of projects and new/ revised products/ services or processes.
• Provide on-the-job assistance and training to others, as requested.
B. Risk & Control
• Escalate non-standard and/or non-routine issues, where applicable, as per guidelines.
• Ensure quality control standards are met for own work prior to proceeding with each workflow activity, as required by procedures.
• Identify potential risk situations and escalate to more senior team members.
• Review transactions and requests for compliance with regulatory and Bank requirements, as required.
• Ensure all appropriate authorizations/ approvals are obtained in accordance with policies and controls.
• Ensure adherence to all aspects of FirstPrinciples, Our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics Corporate Policy, as well as all applicable legislation, regulatory rules and requirements, and Bank standards, policies and procedures (P&Ps) for such things as potential conflicts of interest, safeguarding of customer information, trading in securities, anti-money laundering, privacy and disclosure of outside business activities.
• Ensure strict confidentiality is maintained for both customer and Bank information to protect the customer and the Bank and to ensure compliance with Bank P&Ps.
• Follow security and safeguarding procedures and apply appropriate due diligence in accordance with Bank policy for the prevention of loss due to such things as fraud or defalcation.
C. Business Performance Management
• Deliver exceptional customer service that builds trust through responsive, accurate, consistent, knowledgeable and available services and support.
• Align individual performance goals to team and organizational goals.
• Demonstrate behaviours that are consistent with “Our Way” model and aligned with client’s values.
This role has the authority to:
• Troubleshoot/ resolve most problems independently as per Letter of Authority/ authority levels following policies, standard procedures and processing schedules and deadlines. Maintain appropriate audit trails.
• May problem-solve escalated issues from more junior staff, as appropriate.
• Escalate all unresolved processing problems to the appropriate level, as per guidelines, including system, software and hardware failures.
• Prioritize work in accordance with policy and severity of service impact to minimize financial/ customer impacts.
• Ensure receipt of appropriate approvals/ authorizations in accordance with P&Ps and controls.
• Team members
• Other PO business units re operational and customer service issues to complete work as required
• May interact with internal support re projects, change implementation or system recoveries
• May provide daily support and assistance to lines of business
• Suppliers, service providers and external customers
• Other financial institutions re processing issues
SCOPE AND IMPACT
This job has direct or indirect impact on the following:
• Contributes to customer confidence and satisfaction by ensuring transactions and/or verification activities are processed accurately and on a timely basis.
• Contributes to customer retention by ensuring service quality in processing transactions.
• May contribute to the Bank’s financial performance by responding on a timely basis to changing operating conditions so as to mitigate reputational risk, financial penalties and costs.
• Contributes to the mitigation of reputational risk and financial loss against such things as fraud, defalcation and/or financial penalties by ensuring compliance with Bank P&Ps and regulatory requirements.
• Contributes to the mitigation of costs/ impacts associated with human errors by supporting proper on-the-job training of others.
• High volume and/or high risk environment with strict timeframes that are time sensitive and subject to large penalties if timelines are missed.
• There may be a requirement to periodically work extra hours as dictated by the business..
• Will be required to work on statutory holidays and/or follow US holiday schedule as applicable.
• The job also involves talking to the Customers on the phones.
TOP SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
• Related working experience but may also consider fresh graduates
• Fluent in English and Excellent communication skills
• University/College degree
• Strong problem solving capabilities
• Fast learner; strong attention to detail
• Being able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Good computer skills – Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
• Excellent telephone etiquette
• Strong customer service skills
• Previous experience in the financial/banking industry
• Call center experience
• Wire Payments processing in Canadian dollars, US dollars and Sundry Foreign currencies (i.e.: EUR, GBP, CHF, etc.)
• Good investigation skills
• Good prioritization skills
• Good organizational skills
• Good customer service skills
• Team player
• Shows initiative
• Enthusiastic, motivated individual
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS: University/College degree