Duration: 6 Months
The Client Service Associate, reporting directly to the Head of Client Service and Sales Support Canada, will work directly with the Canadian sales and relationship management team with the goal of delivering a level of service that will exceed our prospect and client’s expectations. This is a multi-faceted role that involves sales/distribution support, client servicing and acting as a liaison between various internal and external partners. This role will be part of a team of associates, supporting Manulife Asset Management’s business development efforts with MAM Affiliates and large institutional asset management clients in Canada. The Client Service Associate provides internal centralized coordination of new business and client deliverables including but not limited to meeting presentations, coordinating affiliate access to MAM PMs, RFPs, account openings, closings, transitions and maintenance as well as ad hoc requests.
- Partner with the sales and relationship management team in all aspects of their business development activities to ensure all goals are being achieved. Act as a backup to sales and relationship managers on all client/prospect matters.
- Have or develop an understanding of Manulife Asset Management’s full range of investment capabilities to be able to engage directly with clients and prospects.
- Conduct thorough meeting preparation; research each client/prospect in advance of each meeting, coordinate prep calls, prepare briefing notes and all follow-ups.
- Prepare and customize materials for client review and prospect meetings. Adhere to all compliance guidelines including the use of pre-approved and custom marketing materials.
- Oversee RFP submissions; liase with the RFP team, ensure RFP deadlines and requirements are met, review RFPs for accuracy of content.
- Act as primary point of contact for PM Access requests from affiliates and coordinate confirmation with PMs and/or their Executive Assistants.
- Gather input for and maintain a calendar of PM meetings/travels with affiliate partners. Inform the distribution team of upcoming PM travels periodically.
- Document and ensure all sales and client service activities are tracked in the firm’s CRM system.
- Work closely with the Canadian sales and relationship management team to develop prospect target lists and research sales opportunities and consultant trends in the marketplace utilitizing internal/external tools and publications.
- Create and distribute targeted emails containing necessary marketing collateral to further drive business development opportunities.
- Serve as an internal point of contact for an assigned list of Client portfolios; responding to all inquiries and service requests (contributions, redemptions, transitions, audit requests, contract amendments, etc.).
- Collaborate with internal (sales, portfolio management, trading, legal, compliance, operations) and external (clients, transition managers, consultants, record keepers, custodians) partners to deliver products, resolve operational issues and provide high quality service to clients.
- Coordinate new fund launches, account openings, closings, transitions etc. that impact affiliates, in collaboration with the Product and Client Onboarding teams, providing adequate support to ensure smooth execution of client transactions.
- Provide PM teams with advance notification of large client transactions as required.
- Ensure all service and contractual client requirements are met in accordance with client guidelines and expectations.
- Liaise with the Client Reporting Team to ensure they have an updated list of client deliverables, due dates and distribution lists. Ensure client reporting deliverables are accurately prepared and delivered as required.
- Maintain adequate records of client reports delivered.
- Promptly address any queries or questions on client reports.
- Maintain client legal files and account plans.
- Participate in team projects to build and enhance internal procedures in accordance with industry best practices.
- Source and circulate relevant industry and channel specific news, publications, updates, etc.
- Ad-hoc projects as required.
Knowledge & Skills
- Relevant experience; 1-3 years in a capital markets firm focusing on retail distribution products within the Canadian market.
- Knowledge of the Group Retirement market and products is an asset.
- Experience in sales support, client service and/or middle/back office operations preferred.
- Proven record of academic achievement.
- Successful completion or progress towards the CFA charter is a plus.
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and high level of natural curiosity.
- Strong attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to follow-through on complex multi-step tasks
- Keen understanding of sales and marketing process.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative reasoning ability (i.e., capacity to understand inner workings of investment strategies and present them in appropriate detail to an audience).
- Ability to work independently and juggle a number of tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment, where priorities change frequently and deadlines are often under significant time pressure.
- Willing to roll up sleeves to perform any and all responsibilities needed to ensure success.
- Strong writing/editing and verbal communications skills.
- Comfort engaging with all levels of firm management and investors.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of eVestment Alliance, Zephyr, Morningstar and other financial applications preferred.
- Experience utilizing Client Relationship Management system (Salesforce.com).