Senior UX Researcher
Typical Day in Role:
• Act as a thought leader in research
• Provide guidance, support, and mentoring for members on the team.
• Conduct remote and in-person research using a range of methods.
• Drive inclusiveness in principle and practice.
• Conduct usability testing to ensure that our products work for everyone.
• Lead workshops and other group activities that help build team consensus around research, vision, and customer needs.
• Create strategic connections with other teams to help foster customer-focused design and create
opportunities to increase visibility into the team’s activities.
• Participate in project kickoffs, design critiques and ideation sessions. Use these and other opportunities to share findings and insights from research and share key feedback from users.
• Incorporate a “continuous discovery” approach to informing and guiding product design and development.
• Work with project teams to determine research needs, identify the most appropriate methods, create protocols and plans, generate recruitment screeners, moderate sessions, analyze results, compile reports, and present findings.
• Design and execute studies that address both user behavior and attitudes, using the right methodology for the right questions
• Generate insights that fuel ideation
• Evaluate designs through testing, reviews, and critiques
• Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods and a subset of quantitative methods (such as surveys)
• Work cross-functionally with design, product, CX, data science, content strategy, engineering, marketing, and business lines.
• Advocate for the people who use our products
• Contribute to the conversation around best practices around customer experience and design.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 8+ years’ experience in product research and usability evaluation – with demonstrated recent experience in research
2) 5+ years of research experience in a product development or service design context
3) 5+ years’ demonstrated experience collaborating with different teams in a large organization
4) 2+ years’ experience using Figma
5) 5+ years’ combined experience with research platforms (e.g. Optimal Workshop, User Testing, Maze)
1) Hands-on experience with Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics, and using these tools to add insight to research studies
2) Experience with inclusive research and UX research that involves accessibility
3) Bilingual in Spanish
Soft Skills Required:
• Strong stakeholder management and negotiation skills and understanding different types of groups to be able to communicate information effectively with them
• Strong communication skills
B.A/B.S. in a field related to human behavior, such as HCI, psychology, anthropology, sociology, communication, information science, media studies, computer science, or economics