Job Title: Senior UI/UX designer
Duration: 6 months
** Please send Portfolio of work samples for web and mobile applications (send portfolio or link to their work samples with resume)
Story Behind the Need
Business Group: Product Management – PLATO is seeking a Senior UI/UX Designer to define the experience and visual design (utilizing our global design system) of our existing website as well as our next generation site build. The Senior UI/UX Designer will be leading the UX research, communicating with customers, collaborating with Content Writers and Developers, while having the opportunity to work in a fast paced environment with robust tools such as the Canvas Design System.
Typical Day in Role
– Working closely with project team, including digital designer, development leads and content writers
– Liaising with product managers, business leads and IT teams to obtain and understand design and business requirements.
– Creates the design of user interface specifications, by applying client research, design standards, industry best practices, taking into account strategic business objectives, user needs, systems constraints.
– Executes business acceptance test cases and user testing
– Works with design and product experience managers to ensure that usability deliverables accommodate project timelines, technical and scope constraints.
– Contributes to the development, maintenance, and continuous improvement of efficient and effective usability methodology/process, documentation, workflow, ROI, metrics and design standards.
– Participating in Agile team process, including project review sessions, daily stand ups, weekly sprint cycles, and iterative workflow
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have Skills:
1) Proficiency in Sketch (2+ years of experience
2) Adobe Creative Suite (7+)
3) Experience creating, conducting and analyzing user studies (7+)
4) Experience coordinating and collaborating closely with developers
5) Experience working in the Agile environment with fast-paced workflow (5+)
6) Proven understanding of user-centered design techniques & demonstrated ability to incorporate UCD principles into the architecture and design of user interfaces.
7)Experience applying usability testing techniques and principles.
8) Knowledge of web client technologies (browsers, HTML, CSS).
• Bachelor's degree in a design related field
• 7+ years of overall related experience