Senior Technology Officer 32068-1
Work Location: TORONTO
LOB: wealth management – insurance and product management
The Senior Technology Officer is accountable for managing the analysis, design, development, implementation, and support of applications for Wealth Management Private Client Division
• The Senior Technology Officer is also accountable for the on-time, on-budget completion of project deliverables, adhering to standards such as Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI), International Organization for Standardization (ISO), and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
• As a member of the Wealth Management Technology team, you will be leading a team of development professionals in Toronto where you will be responsible for the development and support of the systems supporting Client Nesbitt Burns.
• Significant leadership opportunity to work directly with our business partners and engage in delivering technology solutions and support.
• Diverse aspects for the role, including Business partner relationship management, solution strategy and implementation, project financials, risk management, people management.
• Identifies opportunities and provides recommendations by communicating complex technical strategies and design to senior management.
• Provides solutions to complex technical issues to ensure the optimal solution is recommended to the Technology Head, Technology Relationship Manager (TRM), and clients.
• Takes a consultative approach with strong relationship building ability, coordination, and strategy development.
• Prioritizes and coordinates development team activities for multiple initiatives of varying complexity in order to meet client demands while maintaining defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and technical stewardship over platform applications.
• Leads the selection process of required development, testing, and implementation tools, involving input from relevant development support groups and, if required, Enterprise Architecture, in order to provide the final tool selection recommendation to the Technology Head.
• Liaises with third party vendors to understand and validate the vendor technical architectures to ensure they are aligned with the Enterprise standards or, at minimum, are well understood by employees and have the necessary approvals from governing bodies within the Enterprise.
• Leads project and team meetings, interacting, and collaborating with team members and other departments, when appropriate to define accountabilities, communicate the status of work items, and discuss barriers to the delivery of work.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Possesses a university degree/college diploma in applied technologies and/or 10+ years of experience working in state-of-the-art technology environments primarily in financial services.
• Wealth Management domain knowledge and 3-5 years experience in a Wealth Management Technology role.
• Business knowledge in trading, particularly on mutual funds, equity, fixed income and GIC, including FundServ.
• Experience with vendor solutions such as Fundserv, Thomson One, Bloomberg TOMS, FIS Wealthware, NFS Streetscape, IBM ICM
• Demonstrates expert knowledge of design and analysis methodology processes from both an industry and Client perspective.
• Demonstrates broad understanding and knowledge of technologies – including infrastructure, networking, application, and mobile.
• Able to review/ approve application design. Able to review/ approve development estimates.
• Exhibits expert understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Quality Assurance requirements, and software development control and release procedures.
• Demonstrates expert understanding of relevant and emerging technologies and industry directions.
• Possesses expert project management experience.
• University degree in Computer Science.
• Experienced in leading development teams of FTEs + on-shore/off-shore resources through the analysis, design, development, implementation and support of software applications.
• Experience in people management, career development and coaching and mentoring team members.
• Have had experience as a developer in your career.
• Experience with client server technologies such as Oracle WebForms, .NET and Java.
• Experienced in vendor management and software contract negotiations
• Experience with Request for Proposals (RFP), developing contracts (Master Service Agreements), Service Level Agreements (SLA), and Statement of Work (SOW).
• Experience with forecasting projects/ project financing.
• Experience in working with senior management in the business.
• Experienced in managing project financials, risk and people management.
• Experience running systems and multi-million dollar projects. Managing a portfolio of $5-10 MM annually.
• Wealth Planning and Investment Management business knowledge (very nice to have).
• Possesses expert communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Demonstrates expert leadership/people management skills.
• Possesses an expert ability to manage multiple projects high in complexity and of strategic importance.
• Is highly detail-oriented. Is able to manage change. Is able to work independently.
• Is capable of analyzing & resolving diverse, complex and ambiguous issues and situations.
• Possesses strong coordination skills, relationship building skills, project management skills, and vendor management skills.