Job Title: Senior Technology Navigator
Contract Duration: 6 Months+
Location Address: WFH (Scarborough)
We deliver the full range of IT infrastructure services inclusive of the public and private cloud, traditional data centers and our branch locations. Our services include architecture, engineering and operational support of our networks, systems and databases as well as end-user support for over 90,000 bank employees
Project Summary: Reporting to the Director, you will combine your technical abilities, strategic thinking and detail-oriented execution in a fast-paced, dynamic 24x7x365 environment.
Candidate Value Proposition –
• You will stay on the leading edge of cloud technology and adoption as the bank continues its aggressive digital transformation.
• The Bank will provide a dynamic, fast-paced, flexible and very progressive working environment that will allow your creativity and energy to prosper and thrive.
• You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
• We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning.
• We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
• We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work.
As a Senior Technology Navigator:
• You want to be a part of a team that strives to constantly improve on the reliability of our systems through continuous improvements on how we run infrastructure (e.g., performance management, disaster recovery, monitoring & access management), tools and processes.
• You enjoy working with application teams to deliver continuous improvements to applications and support the transformation of our approach to both operations and development (e.g., code testing automation and deployment tools and processes).
• You excel at coordinating technical resources from many different support teams to deliver new services and solutions in our cloud environments
• You thrive on becoming a trusted advisor to customers via your enthusiastic social engagements and technical depth, while balancing internal resources to meet internal demands.
• You excel at developing test cases and confirm software deficiencies; as well as working closely with Cloud Administrators and Engineers on timely workarounds and fixes to the product, verifying fixes and
• You can be counted on for responsive and proactive communications, at the highest level of customer satisfaction in every interaction; portraying an accurate sense of urgency and professionalism when interacting with customers.
• Proactive issue tracking is a part of your DNA; documenting as you go, and able to provide reporting at appropriate intervals and relevant levels to the team and management.
• You enjoy learning and propagating that knowledge through written and verbal technical training. That documentation comes in the form of incident notes, technical articles, and contributing to knowledge base and forums with specific areas of expertise.
• Assure quality security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
• A lot of time in ITSM change management tools, ServiceNow is the ITSM tool, CMDB be able to navigate CMDB
• Technical coordination between network team, SOPs, fast set ups
• VMWare – must have
• Security tools- collaborating with security tools, trip tools
• Public cloud operations
• Any IBM technologies is a plus
Qualifications / Must Have Skills
1. 5+ years of hands-on technical working experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) v.6/7 system operations & administration and Logical Volume Manager (LVM) & user management
Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) v.6/7 system operations & administration and Logical Volume Manager (LVM) & user management
2. 5+ years of hands-on technical working experience with Microsoft Windows 2012/2016 server operations & administration
3. 2 + years of hands-on technical working experience with Scripting tools, such as: Perl, PowerShell, VMware PowerCLI, Python/Jython
4. 2 + years of hands-on technical working experience with Windows administrative scripting: VBScript techniques, Active Directory® Service Interfaces (ADSI)
5. 2 + years of hands-on technical working experience in resource management, systems analysis & monitoring of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and/or Microsoft Azure hosted infrastructure & systems.
6. 2 + years of hands-on technical working experience in the use of automation tools (e.g., Chef, Puppet, Ansible or SaltStack)
7. 2 + years of hands-on technical working experience with VMware vSphere ESXi & vRealize Automation (VRA) suite of tools.
8. 2+ years of experience with ITSM change management tools like ServiceNow ITSM
1. . Strong communication (verbal/written) in Spanish is an asset.
2. Hands on practical experience in the use of backup and archiving tools (e.g., Azure/GCP native backup tools, plus Cohesity would be an asset).
Degrees or certifications
Post-secondary education in Computer Science or Engineering or in a related field of study.