Senior Technical Writer
Location Address: Hybrid WFH & Office (Toronto)
Contract Duration: ASAP Until 10/31/2022
Number of Positions: 1
Scheduled Hours: 9am-5pm
Extension Opportunity: Possibility based on project needs
Story Behind the Need
• Business Line: GTS-GBM Voice Services
• The Technical Writer will lead the development of documentation used to operationalize the Global Trader Voice Services platforms. This includes working with developers, engineers, vendors, product managers, security engineers, and others to understand our products and how they enable the outcomes our customers depend on.
• You will be accountable for developing comprehensive enterprise documentation, templates, and standards. Expected to obtain a deep understanding of the different technologies and services to translate complex technology information into simple, polished, and engaging content. The Technical Writer produces clear, accurate and concise documentation that meets the needs of the target audience. Additionally, will develop and maintain detailed databases of appropriate reference materials, including research, testing, and design specifications. Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within one of the Top 5 Banking Institutions in Canada. We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work. You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology. We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & Employee Share Ownership), generous vacation; health/medical/wellness benefits; employee banking privileges
Typical Day in Role
• Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
• Develops and documents processes, procedures, etc. and/ or end-user materials.
• Assists with the documentation of end user materials.
• Assists with training and transition of processes and tools/templates to appropriate process owners.
• Collaborates in the design, implementation and management of core business/group processes.
• Designs processes based on business requirements and best practices. Ensures the processes adhere to applicable risk, regulatory and compliance requirements.
• Streamlines, simplifies and continuously improves existing processes.
• Documents processes (including, but not limited to, process flows, playbooks, etc.) for vetting, communicating, and implementing processes with stakeholders.
• Maintains current process documentation to ensure available for stakeholders as required.
• Supports management of processes using established methodologies and tools/system/technology.
• Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
• When required, there might be travel outside of the Greater Toronto Area. There is an on-call component to support your staff after hours to assist with problem resolution and to ensure that systems are operational.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills
1) 8+ years’ experience of technical writing or communicating in IT Infrastructure
2) Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for different audiences
3) Experience using MS Office, Visio, Snagit, SharePoint, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other tools to create effective illustrations of concepts, workflows, and methodology
4) Experience working with engineering to help refine content, create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
5) Must possess excellent writing skills (persuasive writing considered an asset)
6) You possess strong communication (verbal/written/presentation) skills in English.
Nice to Have Skills
• Bilingual in English and Spanish
• ITIL ITSM certification with ServiceNow experience
• Knowledge of Agile methodology
Soft Skills (Required)
• Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics and new technologies
• You can demonstrate superior problem solving & decision-making skills to resolve complex work issues.
• You are adept with the ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment.
• You can demonstrate good interpersonal skills to build relationships with both internal and external business partners and vendors.
• Degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent experience
Candidate Review & Selection
• 1st round panel interview – 1 hour
• 2nd round interview – 1 hour
• Be prepared to present/demonstrate materials that they have created