One of our top Insurance Clients are currently seeking an IT Project Manager. In this role, you will collaborate with IT resource managers, directors, project sponsors, external partners and other stakeholders on the planning, organization and implementation of IT Projects in support of its business strategies. The IT Project Manager will work primarily on insurance projects.
In this role, you will be working on things like:
- Manage IT Application Development and Infrastructure projects
- Provide project management direction and guidance to project teams, adhering to proven project management methodologies including Agile Scrum methodologies and processes
- Define and manage the project charter, budget, scope and project management plan
- Establish performance measures for project members and provide meaningful and timely feedback.
- Recommend information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Accomplish financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
- Oversee operational management of project resources· Review and provide input on project documentation
- Collaborate with resource / functional managers to effectively resource projects
- Collaborate on the review and analysis of key business processes relating to their project
- Work within project portfolio framework and adhere to defined standards and guidelines
- Manage 2 or more medium to large-sized projects
- Develop and support innovative solutions to meet the needs of CAA Club Group that align with system architecture and strategic goals
- Provide regular updates and information to project stakeholders regarding project progress and emerging issues
- University Degree in computer science or an analytical discipline
- 7-10 Years of project management experience in IT application development / infrastructure projects.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Certified Scrum Master designation is an asset
- Strong understanding of technology concepts including SOA architecture, Web Services, Data Exchange standards, Mobile Development, Data warehouse etc.
- Strong ability to motivate and inspire others to achieve extraordinary results in a high performance culture
- Excellent skills in project management and planning, using tools such as Microsoft Project, JIRA etc.
- Adept in usage Microsoft office products – PowerPoint, Work and Excel.
- Strong leadership and stakeholder management skills
- Exemplary communications skills specifically in communicating complex/technical information to a wide audience
- Insurance industry experience an asset