Senior Technical Business Analyst- Capital Markets
Typical Day in Role
• Work on upcoming USD LIBOR migration, including environment set-up in MarkitWire and LCH, and post-event reconciliation.
• Focus on implementing business flows using a combination of vendor (MarkitWire) and in-house (Peak/K2) technology. Will be required to routinely engage with multiple groups and stakeholders – traders, sales, vendors, support, and in-house development teams. Product focus is IRS (Interest Rates Swaps).
• Post-trade integration and analysis of workflow
• Work with trading and sales desks globally to understand and document existing flows, and regulatory requirements, and map out as requirements for new platform implementation
• Work with the Global Fixed Income technology, as well as external vendors to find the best solution for implementing business asks
• Work with vendors and internal group to establish new vendor connectivity
• Work with vendor to replace user interface for traders
• Test and enable new functionality
• Engage with regulatory and audit groups to assess requirements and complete reports
• Provide support to the business and application teams
• Investigate production issues by analyzing logs and tick data
• Independently resolve complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs of the Global Fixed Income Business, by applying financial and technological knowledge to the design of methodologies, models, and/or systems solutions
• Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of the Division’s business strategies and policies, risk management practices and methodologies, product offerings, financial markets, financial instruments, regulatory requirements, Back Office processes, and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions and services to the end user business lines.
• Creating requirements documents
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 10 years’ experience working as a BA/BSA with a technology group
• Prior experience working with Derivative Products
• Experience and proficiency with MarkitWire flows, and integration of MarkitWire into IRS booking systems
• Experience with IRS workflows (pricing, RFQ, Order Management, etc.)
• Previous experience engaging directly with Front Office (trading and sales)
• Technical user-level SQL knowledge and ability to write queries is required
• Understanding of IRS products and market dynamics (market participants, RFQ/Trading flow, pricing, etc.)
• Prior experience with Kafka
• Experience with end of day reports, such as PNL, risk, etc.
• ION MarketView/MMI experience
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Proactive and self-driven
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required (BCom, technical degree, etc.)