Senior Technical Business Analyst
Typical Day in Role:
• Work closely with QAs to review the test strategy and perform testing
• Analyze and develop technical requirements based on solution documentation
• Ensure integrity of the business and technical requirements in the end-to-end customer journey
• Drive joint application design solutioning sessions with our architecture, development, and security architecture teams that inform high-level estimates for large and medium-sized incoming initiatives
• Facilitate requirements gathering and design sessions with multiple stakeholders to extract requirements, and turn them into use cases, user stories, sequence diagrams, etc. to meet development and stakeholder needs
• Lead enterprise process engineering development across infrastructure, Security, DevOps and
• Create, refine and maintain the product backlog and associated deliverables; release backlog with
forecasted delivery timelines
• Bridge the gap between business and IT, ensuring common understanding and IT/Business
alignment of both functional (for business needs) and non-functional requirements (such as
reporting, performance, interfaces, and constraints.)
• Help improve and drive our engineering practices by providing valuable inputs and suggestions as to what works well and what can be done better
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1) 8+ years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst in a challenging IT system solution
2) 5+ years of hands-on experience with REST API’s and microservices
3) 5+ years of experience in an agile environment – agile/lean evangelist
4) Demonstrated experience creating BSA artifacts – user stories, sequence diagrams, etc.
5) Knowledge of programming languages in order to comprehend reading code
• FI/Banking experience (Canadian Bank)
• Connectivity and network experience
• Experience with Splunk & Dynatrace
• Security and authentication (know the O AUTH standards & security regarding coding & the server side)
• Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills to be able to work well with technical peers and business stakeholders at different levels within the organization.
• Strong decision making, forward thinking and creative problem-solving skills to anticipate and respond quickly to technological/market influences.
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work independently or with minimal direction.
• Post-secondary degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related IT field required