The Operations Support Systems (OSS) division is primarily focused on the mission-critical information systems that enable Network Operations and Engineering forces to pro-actively interact with Network devices for the purpose of Fault Management, Configuration, Accounting management and Performance. As well, OSS is the secured foundation for many automated processes commanding massive data transfers between software platforms.
The System Administrator is responsible for the administration and maintenance of Provisioning & Billing Systems that primarily run on Red Hat Enterprise Linux/UNIX Operating systems. The environment is challenging and fast-paced, and the candidate is required to be on-call 24/7 for a period of one week every 3 or 4 weeks, but not limited to. This position reports to the Manager of OSS Mediation and is located in Brampton, Ontario.
-Provisioning & Billing
-Operate and maintain Provisioning & Billing platforms, EMM, EMA, IUM & CRS. The tasks will include Advanced System Admin tasks associated with the Hardware that these platforms run on. Tasks:
-Analyzing system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems.
-Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
-Installing and configuring new hardware and software.
-Answering technical queries and assisting users.
-Responsibility for security of the platform Responsibility for documenting the configuration of the system.
-Troubleshooting any h/w and Application s/w reported problems.
-System performance tuning.
-Ensuring that the network infrastructure is up and running.
-Configuring, adding, and deleting file systems.
The successful candidate must be competent being a technical lead on projects. The candidate must collaborate well with peers and or vendors for the ongoing enhancement and uplift of new Software and new infrastructure systems for commercial off the shelf products that provides applications and systems services for the OSS Mediation systems.
– The System Administrator will conduct cost analysis and vendor comparisons with emphasis on Cost & stability.
– Plans, create and execute MOPS for various maintenance activities on the mediation platforms with an emphasis on reducing service impact.
– Perform Manual and Automatic testing on various software, telecom and reporting systems.
– Review and plan H/W refresh strategy while ensuring existing H/W is not vendor EOSL .
– Must possess a working knowledge of IP Technology.
– Troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to interconnected services
– Must possess a strong knowledge of scripting skills that used almost daily on maintenance activities.
– Deployment and management of systems in a virtualized environment (VMWare)
-Possess strong knowledge of Oracle/Sun Solaris, RHEL/Unix Sys Admin Level 3 and Windows Servers Systems hands at an expert level is mandatory for this job.
-Strong inter-personal and communication skills.
-Ability to program in Perl and/or various Unix shells.
-Ability to solve technical issues quickly and independently.
-Ability to automate systems administration tasks.
-A degree in computer science or related field.
-More than five years previous system administration experience.
-Working hands on knowledge of telecommunications is a definite asset