Senior Specialist User experience
You will be leading the design of multiple internal applications ensuring the evolution of a UI collaborative platform that is shared amongst multiple teams. You will drive the design of applications that cater to a broad range of internal users that work hard to deliver best in class services to our customers.
You will be using an existing design system that you will enhance and evolve. The direction of the design is paramount as it needs to be consistent, yet flexible enough to fulfill all the specific requirements of each application.
• Driving the user experience and design of multiple applications simultaneously, from conception to launch, in partnership with various development teams and stakeholders.
• Taking broad, conceptual ideas and turning them into something useful and valuable for our 7000 users
• Making sure the design remains consistent across the various systems and that accessibility standards are respected.
• Producing designs using existing design system and guidelines and to create new experiences
• Collaborating with your team to lead ideation, concept development, creation and facilitate design thinking
• Support and guide other designers
You will be creating interfaces that allow users to monitor a high volume of data and perform complex operations. As such, your problem-solving abilities and software approach to UX will be key skills.
You will bring a positive influence to your team and clients. This is exemplified by your work ethic, influencing customers on best practices or prototyping to gain buy-in on the best solution. Additionally, you will work hand in hand with development teams to understand technical limitations and propose realistic solutions.
Great communication skills
Communicate ideas and concepts clearly.
Sometimes, even the best ideas won’t make the final cut so it is important to be open minded, keep a positive attitude and move forward to find new solutions.
• 5+ years of experience in UX or design-related work
• Good knowledge of the following software: Figma, Miro, or other similar design software such as Adobe Xd or Sketch.
• Experience leading projects or product direction
• Strong experience in answering business needs, while managing and working through the limitations and constraints imposed by each project
• Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
• Experience in communicating effectively at all levels of the organization; including written and verbal communications, as well as presentations;
o Working with multiple product stakeholders including business analysts, the product owner, and the development team.
o Facilitating user feedback/engagement through usability testing and usage analytics
• Strong situational analysis and decision-making abilities;
• Experience taking a business requirement from ideation/concept to high-fidelity interactive prototype
• Experience delivering the following design artifacts:
o User Journey/User Flow
o Information Architecture/Site Map
o Service Blueprint
• Experience managing user experience standards and enforcing best practices for design consistency
• Graphic Design, marketing or art related university degrees
• Experience working with Agile methodologies
• Task oriented tests with prototypes and AB testing