Location: WFH – Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Story Behind the Need
• Project Summary : Product driven team. A few data management products built. You will help build out these capabilities whether, data quality, data profiling, data lineage. or data curation framework (ETL).
yu will be writing application code. not looking to help build data pipelines. Will be assisting on application code of data quality, data profiling, data lineage. or data curation framework (ETL).
The Senior Software Engineer will participate in creating scalable automated systems for re-usable data assets, pipelines and services for the broad enterprise use.
Client is looking for someone who will work with other data engineers, DevOps engineers, and other development/engineering teams in the bank to develop the technical solutions for enterprise data initiatives.
– Design and implement services and components to enable enterprise-wide use of data
– Automate and re-factor services code.
– Work closely with software/data engineers and DevOps engineers to build data management capabilities that drive real business outcomes
– Participate in planning and retrospective sessions, attend stand-ups, etc.
– Fine-tune and improve a variety of sophisticated software implementation projects
– Gather and analyze system requirements, document specifications, and develop software solutions to meet client needs and data
– Analyze and review enhancement requests and specifications
– Implement system software and customize to client requirements
– Prepare the detailed software specifications and test plans
– Code new programs to client specifications and create data for testing
– Modify existing programs to new standards and conduct unit testing of developed programs
– Create migration packages for system testing, user testing, and implementation
– Provide quality assurance reviews
– Perform post-implementation validation of software and resolve any bugs found during testing
1. 5+ years’ experience in building enterprise software
2. 5+ years’ experience with object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Scala, Java)
3. 2+ years’ experience working with Apache Spark
4. Understanding of data management disciplines such as data quality, data profiling, etc.
5. 3+ years’ experience working with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL). Understanding of CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins, Git, Bitbucket, other)
6. Experience in software engineering best practices such as code reviews, testing frameworks, maintainability, and readability
7. Experience with performance tuning data pipelines.
Soft Skills Requirements:
– Strong communication skills, both written and spoken
– Team player, self-starter, fast learner
– Attention to details, high standards for quality
– Writing and maintaining clear documentation
Nice to have:
1. Previous experience working in a technology company or financial institution a plus
2. Knowledge and understanding of container and micro-services technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes) a plus
Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required