Senior Software Engineer
Typical Day in Role
• Take ownership of your work and deliver scalable, robust, and polished products for end users.
• Gather and refine business requirements and transform them into concise technical specifications.
• Perform independent research and design efficient solutions which meet specifications and adhere to the industry’s best practices and organizational policies.
• Develop existing and new software products with the goal of providing an outstanding service for our customers.
• Communicate ideas verbally and in writing with the team while making it a practice to document designs, deliverables, as well as any other pertinent information such as operational and support runbooks and processes.
• Derive data insights and apply them to address business opportunities.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills
• 7+ years of work experience in software engineering with web application full-stack development, cloud technologies, and system design & integration.
• You are experienced working with databases and key-value data stores (e.g., MongoDB, Redis, PostgreSQL).
• You are experienced using Linux and proficient/knowledge with DevOps and tooling.
• You make consistent use of version control (e.g., git).
• Experience with programming and scripting languages Python is preferred, Bash is a strong plus.
• Experience with browser extension development is a strong plus
• Experience with cloud technologies and architecture (e.g., GCP) is a plus.
• Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher is a plus.
• Experience with information retrieval systems/search engines such as Apache Lucene, Solr or Elasticsearch, as well as web crawlers such as Apache Nutch is a plus.
• Experience with Ansible, ELK stack, message queues is a plus.
• Experience with AI and Machine Learning (e.g., GPT-3) is a plus.
• You are a creative, self-starting, results-oriented, and highly motivated individual with very good analytical skills that you apply to the resolution of complex problems.
• You possess very good interpersonal and communication skills that you use to effectively work with stakeholders and members of the project team.
• You are a voracious learner who likes to take on new challenges, while simultaneously taking pride in continuous improvement of existing software products, with the goal of providing an outstanding service for our customers.
• You have a knack for deriving insights out of data and applying them to address business opportunities.
• You have a university degree in a relevant STEM discipline. (Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering, Computer Sciences, Mathematics).