Location: Toronto (Work From Home during Covid)
Duration: 08/02/2021 to 08/01/2022 (1 year) (potential for extension and perm)
Business group: Specializes in digital marketing and content creation(end goal is increase in revenue).
Project: Social media team does not have access to a design team currently, so they are looking for someone to own this area. Candidate will create the visual identity from the ground up and will be creating assets (through animation, design, creating thinking and providing proactive ideas).
Candidate Value Proposition:
– Opportunity to establish bank’s visual identity in social media.
– You will be part of an environment that will lead you on the path of success and give you direct hands-on experience to convey messages in an effective manner.
Typical Day in the role:
– Create engaging and on-brand content (bring ideas and messages to life)
– Participate in content meetings (planning for next month), determine milestones for brand
– Conduct analysis, understand the data and determine what visuals are performing well
– 80% creating content, 10% brainstorming, 10% planning
– Take part in content governance
– Create visual identity
– Participate in ideation and brainstorming sessions
– Ensure the correct sizing and resolution for each social media platform
Must have hard skills:
1. 5+ years of proven graphic design experience
2. 5+ years of experience using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
3. Basic animation skills using Final Cut Pro
4. Experience creating content specifically for these different social media platforms (social first creation): Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest and TikTok
5. Strong illustration and graphic design portfolio (must be included in resume submission)
Nice to have hard skills:
1. Agency background
2. Project management skills (as they will be growing the department)
– Self-motivated and possess a solid knowledge of designing for social channels.
– Highly creative who is keen to generate innovative ideas and campaigns
– Strong eye for detail and able to maintain brand consistency through projects
– Strong leadership skills to oversee design projects from conception to delivery
– Self starter
Education/ years of overall experience: Graphic Design education is a nice to have (experience is more important)