Senior Scrum Master
Story Behind the Need
The successful candidate will be joining an ongoing project focused on modernizing existing Digital Online Functionality to a cloud-based environment.
Typical Day in Role
In your capacity as a senior scrum master, you will ensure delivery of software products within Global Wealth Management Technology. You will coordinate development and delivery activities and ensure deliverables are of the highest quality, while adhering to defined release, change, project and architectural standards and methodologies by leveraging an Agile scrum team (Product, Engineering, Agile, Design). The primary accountability is the execution of shipping software based on the product roadmaps and technical release plans developed by the Leadership Team, including the identification, escalation and removal of release and team impediments.
Is this role right for you?
• You will work with a team to identify roadmap/feature dependencies and impediments. Being accountable for tracking the dependencies and impediments and removing them to enable the team: surface, track, escalate
• Regularly communicate with other scrum teams to ensure tactical story alignment and identifies/tracks dependencies between the team.
• You will provide regular, standardized reporting for team performance: velocity, stories completed and project status.
• Identify team conflict and partner with Development Managers and Agile Coaches to resolve, escalating to Leadership Team for support, if necessary.
• Ensure the team has access to necessary software, hardware, testing devices and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
• You will build and maintain solid, professional working relationships with peers within the project management and business lines.
• Engage stakeholders (e.g. risk, legal, audit) as needed for consultation and counsel throughout the course of the project
• You will coordinate operation readiness activities with associated teams (security, infrastructure, network, etc.)
• You will oversee and coordinate software release activities.
• Senior project manager on the back-end team
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate on a broad spectrum (from deep technical discussions to high-level executive vision)
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills to rapidly assess problem situations
• You have exceptional interpersonal, negotiation and client relationships management skills
• Organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives
• You have expert knowledge and understanding project management practices, disciplines, tools, and methodologies
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5-7 years' experience in managing complex delivering software projects
2) Minimum 1 project specifically leading Modernization
3) Recent roles in the Financial Industry is required, preferably within Wealth Management or within the banking industry
4) 5 + years’ Comprehensive knowledge of Agile, Scrum and Jira Applying techniques for effective workflow on Kanban
5) You have demonstrated experience in applying agile methodology to delivering IT projects
6) Excellent communication skills to manage stakeholder relations, and work with cross-departmental teams
– Commercial banking or wealth management experience is a plus and will be prioritized
– Experience working in back-end development teams is an asset
Best vs Average: The best candidate would have strong industry experience within wealth management and microservices development knowledge. They would be organized and self-motivated to deliver on projects. Proactive risk management skills are valued.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer engineering, business, Information sciences or other related field
• PMP, CSM, and/or PMI-ACP designations are an asset