Location: WFH (once on site – Toronto)
Contract Length: until Oct 29, 2021(potential for extension)
Story Behind the Need:
Business Group: Seeking a Senior React JS Developer (Front-end) to help design, develop and implement cloud based online banking application for customers in the Caribbean region. This developer will be working with a SME (Toronto), and team of offshore developers (Dominican Republic, India) to develop and implement the application.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be extended for further project based on needs.
Typical Day in the Role:
design, develop, and implement cloud based applications, using in-demand languages and technologies (e.g. React Js, Node Js)
Must Have Skills:
1) Experience with REST API design using Open API Specifications– 5+ years of hands on experience
2) Experience working with authenticated, customer focused applications
3) Experience with NodeJS framework, preferably ExpressJS– 5+ years of hands on experience
5) Experience with Sinon (Mocking, Stubs), and Redis– 5+ years of hands on experience
6) Experience working with json-web-token authorization– 5+ years of hands on experience
7) Worked on productionizing NodeJS servers – 5+ years of hands on experience
8) Experience in working with scalable containerized systems in public cloud (Azure) – 5+ years of hands on experience
3+ years of experience preferred with the below skills, but can be flexible:
• Experience working with database technology such as Sybase
• Strong experience with APM tools, such as Dynatrace, Splunk, etc.
• Have a proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
• Comfortable using tools such as Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Bitbucket, etc.
• Knowledge in Object Oriented and Functional Design
• Used modern JS toolsets (ES6+, Webpack, Babel, Jest, Protractor)
• Deep knowledge of Agile principles, and the flexibility to adapt your experience to new and evolving environments
• Knowledge on Java/Springboot microservice development
• Prior FI / Banking experience preferred
• Prior work experience with a bank
• Full Stack experience
• Hit the ground running
• Strong communication skills (written & verbal), Interacting with Product, Design, Front-end and Back-end Teams
• Excellent communication, including ability to distil technical details into human terms
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science