Sr. Quality Assurance Manager
Our Global client one of leading providers of industrial software is looking for a Full time Senior Quality.
The Senior Quality Assurance Manager is a senior manager within the R&D management team. They report directly into the Director of R&D and are responsible for the overall quality of products.
The Quality Manager will be responsible for the following activities:
- Manages the product QA teams.
- Provides guidance, leadership, and training to all QA members integrated into the Agile SCRUM development teams and ensure consistency of our built-in quality efforts across all SCRUM teams.
- Responsible for assigning resources against competing projects and negotiating timelines with PMs and Development Managers.
- Responsible for the quality of the products being released.
- Defines test plans.
- Defines the test automation strategy.
- Recommends and implements test tools.
- Ensures test results are recorded, available, and reports test status to business stakeholders.
- Tracks and reports on key Quality and Defect Metrics.
- Uses Continuous Improvement initiatives to improve product quality.
- Guides the entire department towards a culture of built-in quality and continuous improvement using LEAN principals.
- Work with the development teams to ensure that User Stories are testable.
- Performs internal audits periodically to ensure that the department is adhering to processes.
- Manages hiring, retention, and performance management for the QA team
- 5+ years related QA Manager Experience.
- Subject matter expert on quality best practices.
- Experience managing a quality assurance software product organization.
- Experience managing remote employees and/or offices.
- Experience managing offshore teams.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with an ability to work with diverse groups.
- Strong organization skills.
- Able to observe bottlenecks in process and then develop processes and procedures to overcome them.
- Independent decision maker – develop ideas and proposals to suggest changes and make decisions.
- Strong initiative – proactively make use of resources to offer solutions or resolve problems.
- Collaboration and negotiation with internal and external groups.
- Team building and motivational skills.
- Proven capability to delegate work across a large team or multiple teams.
- Understands software development lifecycle in a product development environment.
- Proactive problem solver.
- Experience with QA Test Automation.
- Experience with defect management tools.
- Experience with source control management systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related disciplines, or a related diploma with equivalent additional experience.
Location: Calgary, AB
Employment Type: Full time/Permanent