Senior Project Manager/ Scrum master
Typical Day in Role
This is a project delivery role in a Scrum environment. The resource will perform mostly the Scrum Master role coupled with some traditional project management responsibilities. This is a extremely fast and complex environment.
• Works with a large cross functional team (including members from multiple business units and technology groups, including Business Analysts, Developers, QA, Scrum Masters and Project Managers) to deliver time sensitive regulatory projects.
• Proactively support the team by guiding the team to identify blockers, assisting the team by removing blockers. Partner with Program Manager and Scrum Master to achieve the objectives. When necessary, escalates conflict to the Leadership Team for support.
• Responsible for the execution of day-to-day project and task-oriented work efforts and meeting project expectations for established time, cost, and specification definitions.
• Builds and maintains solid, professional working relationships with peers within the Technology team & with business lines.
• Meets scheduled milestones to ensure project/program objectives are met in a timely manner, has an in-depth knowledge of the principles, theories, practices, and techniques for managing the activities related to planning, managing, and implementing software solutions.
• Works with team to identify roadmap/feature dependencies and impediments. Accountable for tracking the dependencies and impediments and removing them to enable the team.
• Accountable for awareness and communication to stakeholders. Lead Project Control Office in manage program financials (business cases, budget, forecasting). Recommend and implement improvements to the current program financial management processes
• Engages stakeholders as needed for consultation and counsel throughout the course of the project.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 7+ years of experience
– Working in technology projects within large financial organizations as Project Manager or Scrum Master,
– Negotiating & building effective relationships within various levels of an organization to achieve desired outcomes. Proven ability to influence stakeholders so can achieve project objectives.
2) with 4+ years Scrum Master experience
3) Experienced in preparing executive presentation materials & updates with minimum supervision & review from Program Manager
4) Experienced in Using JIRA to build scrum board independently
5) Flexible to act as Scrum Master and or/project manager depending on the needs of the program
6) Strong financial management experience (business cases, budget, forecasting)
1) Track records of successful delivery of compliance & regulatory projects in capital markets.
• A true servant leader with a team-first mindset, able to contribute to the building of a high performing team. Able to bring calm & increase trust in a fast paced /changing environment
• A go-getter with a sense of urgency and strong sense of ownership
• With successful track record in dealing with large, complex stakeholder groups including Business & Technology.
• High analytical ability to break down complex issues to solvable pieces
• Comfortable with pivoting ? Solid track records of successful delivery in environments with constant changes, aggressive timelines, and complex requirements.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives
• Being self-directed and confident to work independently. With good judgement to know when supervisor’s help is needed
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Resilient, resourceful, comfortable with uncertainty and frequent pivoting
• Solid conflict management and resolution skills – build consensus, anticipate, and solve problems
• A fast learner, comfortable with working through ambiguity
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Technology, Commerce, or related field required