Job Title: Project Manager – Expert- 29587-1
Start/End Dates: 2/11/2019 – 2/10/2020
Work Location: TORONTO
FTE: The group is looking at the possibility of conversion to FTE if the contract goes well Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8:30-5pm (37.5 hours/week)
OT: Some OT from time to time.
LOB: Wealth Management technology
Dress code: Business Casual
This is an Infrastructure and data migration project. They are switch from Bloomberg to Thomas Reuters.
Very good collaboration between the PMs and the development teams. Everyone wants to work together to get the job done. There is strong leadership and a clear direction here. Good defined processes are in place to help the PMs and setting them up for success.
EVP (Employee Value Proposition):
This group is broad based and provides a great opportunity to make new contacts. The bank is going through many changes to be more efficient and this would be a great opportunity for them. This has a good amount of visibility within the bank.
• Managing project metrics, including gathering, reporting, trend analysis, creation, and metrics.
• Budgeting, forecasting and Project Reporting Platform such as Clarity • Identify issues and problems and generate solutions and choose appropriate alternatives using basic root cause analysis.
• Develop project plans, manage individual deadlines and goals.
• Interacting with senior leadership – LTOs, STOs, and the PMO Head – they could also be interacting with senior business people
• 8+ years of Project Management experience • Strong Relationship Building and stakeholder management • Experience with technology interface • Proven experience with vendor management • Prior banking/FI/Fintech • This project is a vendor solution upgrade. They must be able to manage the vendor.
• Any experience with Bloomberg or Thomas Reuters is required for this role.
• They must need to be able to manage the budget (very little differences between actual versus forecasts) • Possesses advanced communication skills; we are looking for a very well-spoken individual that can communicate with all levels of management • Ability to develop project plans, manage individual deadlines and goals • Knowledge of project metrics, including gathering, reporting, trend analysis, creation, and metrics • Ability to identify issues and problems, generate solutions and choose appropriate alternatives using basic root cause analysis • Advanced proficiency with all MS Office applications, MS Project and/or Visio • Their communication style has to be very formal for this role.
• Prior experience with data migration and stakeholder facing data migration projects.
Nice to have skills/experience:
• Previous wealth/investing experience
• Prior Client experience
• Strong experience in conflict management • Have the ability to operate within the senior ranks but also not afraid to get stuck in and be hands-on with the project • Strong communication and documentation skills • Highly organized with good time management skills • Customer service orientation, and strong interpersonal skills • Analytical thinker with creative problem solving skills and attention to detail • Is able to impact and influence key project participants • Displays expert team leadership capability and handles conflict resolution professionally
• University degree in a related field
• PMP – nice to have