Senior Project Manager
Location Address: WFH (once on site – hybrid model in Toronto) – open to fully remote candidates
Contract Duration: 6 months – possibility of extension
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 8:30-5, Mon-Fri
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Global Contact Centres – Implements technology initiatives across contact centres globally.
Project: CBCC is focused on implementing digital tools to enable customers to better self-serve and to add efficiencies within the network enabling CBCC advisors to focus on more complex call types while managing the increased demand. Looking to bring in a senior PM as a core member of the team to help push this forward.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The contact center is undergoing a transformation and evolving, and this candidate will be able to join us at the forefront of that to help drive it for BNS.
Typical Day in Role:
1) Project core activities – 60-70 % of role
• Coordinate projects, making detailed plans and creating associated timelines to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities
• Confer with management, production, and marketing staff to discuss project specifications and procedures
• Analyse technology, resource needs and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
• Manage and mitigate the risks of overall project
• Call out critical dependencies, managing rate logs, time, scope, and statuses of the project
2) Stakeholder management –15-20% of role
• Present and explain proposals, reports, and executive updates to steering committee – Director, and VP/SVPs – through presentations on a weekly basis
3) Aligning multiple workstreams and the design aspect of it – 10% role
• Provide recommendations to the team by participating in strategy discussions to plan out next digital focus initiatives
• Help manage roadmap of digital evolution in conjunction with contact center – individual working on some of those critical priorities, some are multi-year to fully implement
• Resource reporting to HM (Director of Project) – key stakeholders are the VP of Strategy and design.
• On the day to day, there will be interaction between the working team, leadership team, executive team – and between the contact center, Scotia Digital, analytics teams and technology partners
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 10+ years of experience as a Project Manager – expert knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and production methods.
2) 3+ years of experience working within the financial industry
3) Proven experience of directly managing a 10-million-dollar project
4) PMI or PMP certified
5) Exceptional presentation skills – critical to stakeholder management
1) Familiarity working on Agile projects
2) Previous experience working in contact centers and working on technology implementation in this space
3) Bilingual in Spanish
Soft Skills Required:
• Adaptability to be able to understand systems and bank’s methodology to ramp up quickly in role
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
• Expert ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
• Expert leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
Bachelor's degree in business administration or a related field preferred
PMI or PMP certified
Candidate Review & Selection
2 rounds – 1st panel interview with 2 directors, 2nd round with the VP
45 minutes video interviews
Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP