Location Address: Toronto, WFH
Contract Duration: 6/14 – 1/28/22 – possible extension
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Resource will be supporting HR PMO, who is overseeing an integration project that is in place with an acquired company.
Project: Need expertise to deliver HR workstreams. From an HR perspective, integrating employees to new bank systems and programs. Moving to a new payroll, aligning to structure into banks processes. Moving from a localized support to a global HR Operating model.
Looking for a Senior Project Manager to support the HR Project Management Office with successfully delivering the HR workstreams and integrated project plan, to onboard the workforce of an acquired company to the Bank. Activities will be conducted using an established project delivery framework and other internal policies and procedures. You will work with other project managers, business and technology teams, HR leaders and program stakeholders. The position currently works remotely due to COVID, but will be based in client's Toronto office should onsite working resume late 2021.
Candidate Value Proposition: Opportunity to work with both business, technical, and HR teams and stakeholders. Exposure to acquisitions type work, the PMO is evolving and there is a potential of extension with this role as there is a second mandate that is coming up. Bank has an inclusive culture and this team is growing within the bank.
Typical Day in Role:
-Develop and maintain project plans, milestones and schedules to accurately reflect delivery commitments. Ensure an overall integrated delivery plan is developed, maintained and communicated.
– Identify, track and communicate program dependencies, decisions, issues and risks; ensure timely resolution and where required escalations to support project success.
– Prepare project status reports at the sub-workstream and program level; review reports with key stakeholders
– Provide program leadership with updates on project status, issues and risks.
– Facilitate project meetings and interactions with key stakeholders, ensuring effective communication
– Partner with other project managers and projects stakeholders across business and technology groups.
– Working with project teams to execute on project pieces – flexibility on how day works.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 8 + years' experience delivering programs of mid to high complexity in a financial institution / services environment; experience with HR projects is preferred.
2) Strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to communicate directly, respectfully and effectively across and up the organization to drive by success in a team environment
3) Expertise in the use of program/project tools (e.g. MS Project, SharePoint repositories, Powerpoint)
1) HR projects related to payroll conversions or leading an acquisition project.
2) Familiarity with Success Factors
Soft Skills Required:
1) Experience presenting to all levels of an organization
2) Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of key stakeholders, mobilize and motivate teams, resolve conflict and work with ambiguity
3) Critical thinking skills and business acumen to recognize, understand and communicate complex issues
4) Facilitation Skills
Degrees: Bachelor’s degree