Senior Project Manager
Contract Duration: 1 year, with possibility of extension
Schedule Hours: 7.5 hrs between 9am – 5pm (37.5 hrs per week)
Location: Toronto – currently WFH but soon to by hybrid
Story Behind the Need
Global Compliance Transformation Program Office is responsible for multi – year programs that deal with outstanding compliance and regulatory issues, audit findings or issues that regulators have. They are building best-in-class functionalities to maintain customer trust, deliver efficiencies across business units, and to be trusted advisors and partners to protect the Bank’s reputation and strengthen their overall Compliance program.
The successful candidate is expected to join the Compliance Transformation Program team. The incumbent will work directly with Subject Matter Experts and the program management team, collaborate with internal stakeholders, business users, and technical teams/vendors to drive varying processes and deliverables for the various projects within the program, resulting in the development of documentation throughout the project life cycle.
Candidate Value Proposition:
Successful candidate will join a dynamic new team to support the design, creation and implementation of forward-thinking initiatives at one of the 5 big Canadian banks, with a focus on a best-in-class monitoring program.
Typical Day in Role:
– Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
– Provide expertise on project management practices and advise the team on the integration of waterfall and agile methodology into their projects.
– Manage project schedule, budget, RAID, and related status updates
– Lead monitoring project transformational design and maintains traction throughout
– Plans delivery of assigned projects including work plans, budgets, and resource plans.
– Manage project schedules including resources, timelines, budget, and related communications.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 7 to 10 years of progressive, relevant, and practical Project Management experience using Waterfall/Agile. Project planning, scheduling, assessing issues and risks
2) Leadership Skills – able to drive and lead
1) PMP Certification
2) Knowledge and/or experience of the banking industry and the lines of business
3) Experience with implementing in-house built solutions (from the business side)
Soft Skills Required:
1) Strong facilitation skills
2) Strong problem-solving & analytical skills
3) Excellent Communication Skills – both written and verbal
4) Able to balance multiple projects and competing priorities
5) Strong influencing, negotiation, managerial and strategic thinking skills
Degrees: Bachelors education in Business Administration, Engineering or related program
Candidate Review & Selection:
• 1-2 Microsoft Teams video interview
– Communication and leaderships skills are both VERY important for this role
-Manager is looking for someone that can lead and without needing much direction – a do-er. Experienced PM is preferred