Location Address: ON – WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: 1 year contract
Story Behind the Need:
The Initiative is a signature program designed to increase economic opportunity for our clients who identify as women to be successful, now and in the future. This globally expanding, unique offering helps thousands of women pursue their best professional and financial futures by providing unbiased access to capital and tailored solutions, bespoke specialized education, holistic advisory services and mentorship. Whether supporting women to take their careers and businesses further, collaborating with leaders and companies who stand behind an inclusion agenda, providing women-owned and women-led businesses access to equitable access to funding or helping women to take charge of their finances, The Initiative breaks down barriers to empower clients to succeed on their own terms.
• Project: will be working with the team on a large program for Initiative – to expand on an international basis
Candidate Value Proposition:
• Inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success! We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences. You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders across the Bank. You will be making a difference to breaking down barriers for women, and working on one of the signature programs at the bank.
Typical Day in Role:
•Champions a customer first culture to deepen client and community relationships by working with key stakeholders in the Community of Practice to deliver and implement the Enterprise Go to Market strategy for the Initiative.
•Collaborates with Community of Practice workstream leads and lines of business to deliver end-to-end programming to support the objectives of the Initiative.
•In partnership with the global events team, plans and executes Enterprise-level annual summit and events
•Day-to-day management of the ongoing development of an Enterprise digital microsite, in partnership with content strategy and .com teams
•Works closely with other teams to identify opportunities for thought leadership, content and further amplification of the Initiative
•Supports compilation of dashboard, metrics and tracking for monthly reporting to Executives
•Coordinates a monthly internal newsletter to key stakeholders to keep them in the loop on program progress
•Regularly benchmarks against competitors both inside Canada and abroad for inspiration and ideas to enhance the Enterprise program offering.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 7-10+ years’ work experience in Program Management – proven ability to take a program from development and design through to implementation and delivery
2) Proven success in working in a complex, matrix environment with multiple stakeholders
3) Ability to influence and motivate others
4) Results-focused, but understand that achieving results requires collaboration and buy-in from other parties
5) Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects on the go at any given time
6) Detail-oriented, and loves diving deep into something
-Bilingual Spanish – verbal and written communications is an asset
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in any field – no preference