Senior Program Manager- PD&S
Story Behind the Need
As Program Manager in PD&S, you will lead an extensive program across business lines and technologies, using various project management methodologies and tools. You will work in a culturally diverse environment while providing our Technology and Business partners with best-in-class project management expertise.
• Manage and ensure the successful delivery of complex projects/programs involving multiple teams from different groups across the bank, as well as external vendors when required
• Demonstrate strong leadership skills to develop and maintain high functioning project teams
• Influences business project decisions with a direct impact on financials or operating results
• Ability to independently run executive Steerco meetings with Group Heads, EVPs, and SVPs
• Takes a strategic focus aligned to business priorities
• Champions a customer-focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge. Recommends technical strategy within a specialized domain, may investigate and evaluate new technologies
• Impacts the technical direction and resource allocation for products, services or platforms supported
• Leads the solution of risks and issues that have a broad impact on the project team – accountability typically spans across multiple products, a line of businesses or with significant enterprise system impact
• Defines and maintains the roadmap and project budget
Qualifications of Must have Skills:
1. 7-10 years of experience as a Senior Project Manager or Program Manager, managing large complex projects/programs that have significant IT and operational components, preferably in the financial services industry
2. Prior work experience executing consolidations and migrations, including infrastructure, private cloud and an entire base of applications, minimizing business impact.
3. Excellent track record managing projects/programs of higher complexity, high risk and large budgets (up to $50 Million+), dealing with multiple stakeholders
4. Strong communication (verbal/written/presentation). Mature interpersonal skills with the ability to work with and influence all types of professionals
5. Knowledge of project management tools and techniques (e.g., CA PPM, MS Projects, JIRA, Visio, Agile/Scrum, Waterfall etc.)
6. Must Haves: PMP certification or working towards
Nice to Haves:
1. Scrum Master certification (CSM), Professional ScrumMaster certification (PSM) or master's degree (MBA)
2. Bachelor's degree in computer science, Engineering, Business, or related discipline
3. Prior FI Experience – All Major FI have performed a similar program. Therefore FI experience should be expected.
What previous job experience/qualifications would be advantageous to succeed in this role?
• Previous experience planning, budgeting, forecasting, reporting progress, and actively managing very large, and dynamic program projects leading a Program Management Office
• Demonstrated ability to organize/lead a Program Management Office team, while maintaining effective communications with senior/executive management team, and a diverse group of project stakeholders
• Comprehensive background in leading application migration projects, with emphasis on high-profile, customer and vendor facing applications, with a large user community spread across the globe
• Experience with multi-functional technical teams and demonstrated ability to integrate the overall project scope, schedule and budget, combining it with outstanding technical delivery, while minimizing/eliminating any adverse business impact
• Knowledge of operational readiness requirements and other related considerations when transitioning from project execution mode to steady-state support mode
• Executed consolidations and migrations, including infrastructure, private cloud and an entire base of applications, all while minimizing business impact
• Preference for those who have completed a similar program in another Financial Institution
Associate's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required