Job Title: Senior Private Cloud Core Engineer
Contract Length: till Oct 29, 2021 (potential for extension based on funding & performance)
Location: WFH (once on site – Toronto)
Our large financial client is currently seeking a Senior Private Cloud Core Engineer for the Data Center Consolidation initiative that involves moving from old data centers to new ones. The current phase of the project is just kicking off and is anticipated to go on till the end of the fiscal year (an additional phase may be added)
Candidate Value Proposition:
• You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
• We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning.
• We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
• We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results.
Typical Day in the Role:
• VMware virtualization experience, preferably with vRealize-Automation, vSan, HCX and NSX
• Broad knowledge with Storage, networking and hyperconverged platforms (Nutanix and Dell)
• Linux and Windows Administration & AD skills
• You will onboard and manage new cloud services in the private and public cloud, Vrealize , Azure and GCP.
• You will manage & automate Cloud services life cycle aspects (monitoring, patching, events notifications, configurations remediation, HA/DR requirements).
• You are not adverse in providing Level 3 support & vendor escalations for management tools and Cloud Services.
• You excel in the development of technical documentation of configuration and operational procedures for service operations teams (build & runbooks) & technical specifications.
• You can contribute to implementation planning.
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
1) You have at least 4+ years of hands-on technical working experience with VMware vRealize Automation Suite 7.x.
2) You have at least 8+ years of hands-on technical working experience with VMware vSphere Hypervisor.
3) You have at least 3+ years of hands-on technical working experience with both Microsoft Windows Server 2012/16 administration and Red Hat Linux administration 7.X.
4) You have at least 3+ years of hands-on working experience VMWare NSX
5) You have at least 8+ years of hands-on technical working experience with Networking, Storage and Security concepts, technologies and operational experience.
Nice to Have Skills:
• hands-on working experience in the use of Configuration Management & Automation tools (Ansible or SaltStack).
• hands-on technical working experience with Scripting (PowerShell & Python).
• use of CI/CD Tools (Git, Jenkins, etc…).
• Relative Certifications
• Completion of a post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering or in a related technology-based stream.