The Digital Team at a major telecommunications company is looking for a Senior Microservices Developer, who has developed enterprise scale distributed systems leveraging technologies including Kafka and Cassandra.
As a Senior Microservices Developer, you design and develop Microservices to be used by single page applications that include shop, self-serve, and support various Rogers business products.
• Creating microservices using Java frameworks.
• Writing maintainable source code and producing high quality documentation.
• Maintaining, debugging and optimizing microservces.
• Working closely with tech lead and front-end team to deliver the interactive online experience.
• Communicating and collaborating with other development team, FE-Developers and product managers.
Who You Are:
• You are ambitious to develop yourself and learn from others.
• You are up-to-date with the latest technologies.
• You have strong communication, documentation, and estimation skills.
• You thrive in a challenging, high paced environment.
• You are a good listener and considerate of others.
• You are open to ask help when needed and willing to help others.
• You have experience with distributed systems, caching, and persistence solutions.
• You have 3+ years working with noSQL databases ideally Cassandra
• You have 3+ years working with Kafka
• You have 2+ years of CI/CD, and using DevOps tools and practices to build and deploy software in the most efficient way.
• Additional experience with the following technologies and methodologies is ideal: Docker, Java, Cassandra, kafka, Kibana, Azure, Jenkins, Nginx, Akamai, CMS, Spark, and Unix.