Job Title: Senior Java Developer
Duration: 6 months
On behalf of our banking/financial client in downtown Toronto, we are looking for Java Developers.
– Java/J2EE development experience – 7+ years
– MQ Series, WebSphere experience – installing applications on the server – need someone that can configure the servers and install applications
– agile/SDLC knowledge a huge plus
– capital market product knowledge an asset
– project based work, but also some production issue BAU
• Work closely with lead Business Analysts (BAs) to understand business requirements and craft software solutions to meet requirements.
• Participate in hands-on development, writing new software and enhancing existing frameworks as needed in Java/J2EE/JEE with Oracle back-ends.
• Familiar with both Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
• Write and ensure all unit test cases are executed through the development life cycle as needed.
• Enhance technical documentation and architecture diagrams with any changes needed.
• Work closely with testing team throughout SIT phase of development.
• Liaise with other technical groups with the bank to ensure solutions meet technical requirements of consumer groups.
• Effectively and proactively communicate with team leads to ensure all challenges are understood and addressed.
• Work in a QA process-oriented environment.