Senior Java Developer x2
Location Address: WFH, followed by Toronto
Contract Duration: 7 months
Extension: Very likely with good performance
Number of Positions: 2
Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: GWRT – GCME – Global Capital Markets Engineering
• Project: This is to onboard the APAC GWO-settlement business to the GDMS payment app.
• Reason for request: Java Developer to be hired in GDMS team for the project 'Global OTC & ETD Regulation'.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join an exciting project that has high visibility while utilizing latest technology.
Typical Day in the Role:
1. The main function of this Developer is to design, develop, maintain, and implement enhancements using JAVA
2. Working with Spring Cloud and integration patterns using messaging technologies like JMS, MQ etc.
3. Analyze highly complex business requirements
4. Generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
5. Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation, and analysis efforts
6. Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
7. Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
8. Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
9. Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
1. 5+ years of hands-on development experience in Core Java (JDK 8), Spring Boot/ Spring cloud and server-side Java programming related technologies in an Agile development environment
2. 5+ years’ experience designing patterns and Object Orient Design concepts
3. Recent Experience in utilizing Source Control & Build Tools, like Bitbucket, Jenkins, Splunk (optional) etc.
4. Basic understanding of SQL programing preferably with Oracle experience (minimum 3 years’ experience)
5. Experience with integration patterns using messaging technologies like JMS, MQ etc.
Nice to Have Skills:
1. Previous Financial Services / Banking experience is preferred but not required
1. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
2. This individual will be communicating with teams across all levels of the bank. Experience working with different stakeholders at different levels
3. Candidate must be a team player, that does not need to be micromanaged – wants someone who can get up and hit the ground running everyone morning without necessarily being told what to do
4. Ability to manage assigned tasks and expectations without direct instruction or oversight
5. Fast, adaptable learner who can hit the ground running
6. Ability to work well under pressure while demonstrating strong professionalism
7. Collaborate closely with the team, while also being capable of holding themselves accountable to meet individual deadlines without hand holding
Best vs. Average: Ideal candidate has very strong Java development (core hands-on java developer) who has worked within financial services in the past.
Education and Certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection
• Structure and Format: One or Two MS Teams Interviews (either one round at two hours, or two shorter interviews)