Job Title: Senior Java Developer
Duration: 5 months
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Global Fraud Technology is seeking a Senior Java Developer to take part in a project which includes building an integration between bank and a Vendor for fraud prevention and detection. The project is already in progress, and the Senior Java Developer will be doing hands on development and coding, while working closely with Business and IT Stakeholders of various levels.
Candidate Value Proposition
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with new technologies and modernized solutions, while being part of a very supportive and welcoming team.
Typical Day in Role
• Assist in the analysis of business requirements in order to establish the technical feasibility of proposed initiatives .
• Participate in design discussions focused on scalability, design and implementation best practices.
• Work with lead engineers and architects on breaking-down, scoping and estimating tasks.
• Ensure a timely delivery of quality products/functions which meet end-user requirements and that are developed following Bank of Nova Scotia’s (BNS) development standards and methodology.
• Conduct testing of new software releases to ensure successful implementation with no impact to existing code base.
• Work in a development team comprising both BNS staff and external consulting resources as required.
• Deal effectively with external vendors, external business partners, and internal stakeholders.
• Effectively communicate with departmental application development team members, management, and with the wider Information Technology & Solutions (IT&S) Architecture Office
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Azure PCF Cloud – 3+ years hands on experience, building an application that will sit in either cloud – net new application; not just POCs
2) Java Developer – 7+ years of hands on experience
3) Spring boot framework experience – 3+ years
4) development of Web Services (REST/SOAP/XML or SOA) – 5+ years of hands on experience
5) Agile methodologies – 2+ years of hands on experience
6) Scrum methodologies- 2+ years of hands on experience
7) Strong communication skills -please mark communication skills accurately in skills matrix
Nice to Have Skills:
– MQ communication protocol
– Scrum certification
– Experience with Test Driven Development
– Using Build tools: Gradle, maven
– Using Source control tool: Bitbucket
– Fraud tools or Financial Industry experience
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection
1-Step Process: 1 In Person Panel (Solution Architect, Developer & Manager) Technical Interview (technical and behavioral questions)