Requisition Title: Senior Java Developer
Location: Toronto, ON
Duration: ASAP to Oct 31st, 2018 (possible extension – pending funding, performance, workload)
Number of Positions: 3
Our large financial client in Downtown Toronto is seeking 3 senior Integration Developers. This team is team is responsible for servicing Global Capital Markets worldwide and delivering system solutions for the derivatives trading desk.
This is primarily a back-end / server-side developer role, implementing Java services that support data access and transformation from one of several integration technologies. The role also includes some database development, using a mix of SQL and NoSQL technologies.
The systems being worked on will support the bank in meeting its regulatory requirements regarding the posting and reporting of Initial Margin for Derivatives Trades.
Typical Day in Role
1. Development of Java RESTful web services data retrieval and storage using Kafka, Elastic Search and RDBMS.
2. Development of Java integration services to integrate with existing applications.
3. Development of messaging end points (on and off) Apache Kafka 4. Assist with DevOps for automated build/ automated deployment to a Public Cloud infrastructure 5. Putting in place suitable nonfunctional supporting software to ensure a high automation, low support STP approach 6. Hand off production software to support team, initial production support for a limited warranty period 7. Preparation of specifications and documentation for all software developed. Use of standard project management and team collaboration tools 8. Collaboration as part of an Agile development team, participation in daily standups, preparation of work estimates, identification of blocking and critical path steps 9. Hands on coding in one or more of the programming languages identified in the Functional Competencies listed below 10. Detailed design for all functional components of the system 11. Accountable for delivery according to pre-agreed time and budgetary constraints 12. Liaison with source system owners to understand the format and semantic content of data being passed about.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
2) Java frameworks (7+ years’ experience with DropWizard, Spring, Apache NiFi)
3) SQL & NoSQL databases (3+ years’ experience with database modelling & database development)
4) Server-side Java (5+ years development experience)
6) Capital Markets (3+ working knowledge of derivative products to foreign exchange)
– Regulatory, reporting, or financial risk projects
– Trade Modelling (JSON or FPML)
– SOA & Messaging Bus (Solace or Kakfa)
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelors’ degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required